Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i do. I liked Velocity and Heat better than Raw and Smackdown since the low and mid card wrestlers who were used badly wrestled on there. They actually had potential and were all talented. Does anybody else miss these shows?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I do, It was nearly all about wrestling compared to the other two main show. except for the wrestling wasn't the best, as you had guys like Maven, Viscera, Val Venis etc. But.... there was Benoit (occasionly), Regal, London etc so yeahhhhh there could be good matches. I remember a match from 05 or 06 with Regal v. Benoit, one of the best Smackdown branded matches of the year (top 10 easily i'd say.... so underrated).

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I miss the cruiserweights and the incredible announcing of Ernest "The Cat" Miller.

Other than that, Velocity + Heat = Superstars.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Velocity was awesome. One my favorite shows of the week.

FYI: Superstars does not "=" Heat and Velocity because there are no jobber matches on Superstars. Meaning, no one named "Mike Bell" will fight a mid card guy. It's always people that we know about, which I hate. I want the generic name jobbers to come back

·
Registered
6,280 Posts

FYI: Superstars does not "=" Heat and Velocity because there are no jobber matches on Superstars. Meaning, no one named "Mike Bell" will fight a mid card guy. It's always people that we know about, which I hate. I want the generic name jobbers to come back
Okay then. I probably should have said Superstars = Heat + Velocity - Pointless Jobber Crap.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I agree that Superstars is pretty much the same thing. Isn't it?

Also, why would you want generic jobbers to come back?

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I use to watch Heat before the PPVs. Thought it was pretty cool having a show right before the PPV. I never watched it other than that though. Never watched Velocity at all.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I do. I loved watching it on the weekends, wrestlers who didn't wrestle much on Raw and Smackdown as well as seeing the up and coming stars.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
you mean those shows where you will see Funaki vs Albert and Visera vs Conway OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN for no good reason aswell as a bunch of other guys that wont make it onto the shows that matter and are just wasting their time and ours in meaningless matches? no way!

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I do. I loved watching it on the weekends, wrestlers who didn't wrestle much on Raw and Smackdown as well as seeing the up and coming stars.
Just invest in DVR, and you can watch any WWE shows on the weekend. That's what I do. :)

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Not really. It was a nice way to feature young or underused talent but that's basically what Superstars is all about nowadays. Those were definetely the shows to watch if you actually wanted to see wrestling though.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I miss velocity as it was the first show in which i saw Mr.Kennedy perform.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Ah I remember watching Heat on Channel 4 on a sunday afternoon (UK peeps will know what I mean). I remember when it was moved to a graveyard slot and I stayed up til 1am to watch it. Good times. Velocity was pretty good back in the day as well. I don't know if it would be a good idea to bring them back though, I think 3 shows is enough right now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i miss the cruiserweights from velocity. london, kidman, moore, yang, nunzio etc had some good matches on there

·
Registered
152 Posts
I miss the old Heat that used to be on Channel 4. Was absolutely brilliant imo.

IIRC, in its dying days, wasn't the main event constantly Stevie Richards vs Val Venis every week? Everytime I put it on it was those two wrestling again!

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I use to watch Heat before the PPVs. Thought it was pretty cool having a show right before the PPV. I never watched it other than that though. Never watched Velocity at all.
Same. I watched velocity a few times but that was it. WWE should have heat back again. UFC has their preshow stuff and they get lots of buys, I'm sure WWE could gain some extra buys with a show before a ppv, especially since WWE has ppv dark matches, they might as well air them on heat.

I wouldn't watch heat normally, but during ppv nights, i would for sure.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
even though in a few years before the cancellation matches that were "scheduled" to be on the ppv were shitcanned to heat, the c show, seemed rather sneaky

1 - 20 of 28 Posts