Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Banned
10,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really dont like it and i find it really boring and useless. Unless those parts involve people getting slammed into tables or some really big spots, they never go anywhere and i just skip through those parts if i can. all that really happens is someone gets their head knocked onto the barricade, they get rammed into the steel post, or some other boring crap.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
You must have royally hated every pay per view main event during the attitude era then (much less just about every match lol) as they ALWAYS fought up and the aisle way and to the staging area.

I like it when they brawl on the outside for the most part, even thought the table spot has been so overdone it has little impact these days--and even then they don't do it very often anymore.

· Registered
19,085 Posts
By go to the outside do you mean just around the outside of the ring or in the crowds?

At times I do hate when they go in the crowd cause 80% of the time they're in the crowd it's just them walking and not even close to each other.

And it's harder for the cameraman too cause he has to deal with hundreds of annoying fans trying to get infront of the camera and half the time you see security holding those fans back but somehow the fans still go crazy as if appearing on camera for 2 seconds would make them famous.

· Banned
10,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You must have royally hated every pay per view main event during the attitude era then (much less just about every match lol) as they ALWAYS fought up and the aisle way and to the staging area.

I like it when they brawl on the outside for the most part, even thought the table spot has been so overdone it has little impact these days--and even then they don't do it very often anymore.
i hate it unless it's appropriate, when the feud between the two is REALLY heated and intense, like Rock/Austin at WM 17, or Austin/Hart at WM 13. if it's just some match with little intensity behind it it's just useless.

· Banned
2,700 Posts

You could actually do some shit back then though. Now you can't hit people in the head or bleed, making going to the outside feel meaningless.

Back then, good.
Now, bad.

· Registered
21 Posts
When I look at all the matches over the years where fighting outside the ring has been a major part of them - street fights, backstage brawls, boiler room brawls etc, the one that really stands out for me is Rock vs Mankind at the 1999 Royal Rumble. I watched the dvd of it again recently, and damn was that an awesome match. The match was so entertaining and the crowd were completely pumped. That match for me is still the gold standard for these kind of matches.

· Raevolution is a Mystery
44,624 Posts
I find the brawls on the outside very entertaining. Jeff Hardy always knew how to use the barricade for something entertaining and the fights into the crowd are usually pretty exciting. I don't think it's a big problem fight outside the ring at all. Triple H/Undertaker has a huge part of it outside the ring in the crowd and that's one of my favorite matches.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
He said "Only when Cena is beating them up lol" in a leetspeak-heavy way.
0r VV3n C3N4 i5 n0 s3llin9 0n th3 0u751d3, 1010101010101 roflmao

· Registered
206 Posts
I only dislike it when the Face gets thrown out and the Heel follows them out, does pretty much nothing and then goes back into the ring to attract heat from the crowd. It just seems like a wasted spot. I think going to the outside is a really cool element to matches, especially when it occurs in a 'Feud Match'. Brawling on the outside, especially between innovative Wrestlers can be a highlight of a good match, heres a few 'Outside' things that were cool.

-Bret Hart putting Steve Austin in a Corner Post assisted Figure Four
-Anything involving Steve Austin, The Rock or Triple H near the Announce Tables (tables, monitors, camera cables, ring bells, title belts, you name it!)
-Rhyno spearing Chris Jericho through the Crowd Barrier
-Mick Foley getting Irish Whipped into the Ring Stairs (always looks brutal!)

· homer function no well beer without
419 Posts
It seems like the only time they go to the outside is for a commercial break...then when they come back from break everything is reversed. Whoever was getting their ass kicked is now dominating. Then they show a quick replay of how it happened during the break and go back to the ring and commentate on the head lock being performed while Michael cole bitches about something...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.