Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
people are treating AEW like its a fully established company like a new WCW and it hasnt even aired yet.

something tells me that people are letting their desires get in the way of reality.

I dont think things are that bad, specially since we have only heard about these things second hand and they have probably dramatised it to make it a better story than it really is because it fits with their agenda, boring stories dont sell.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
Please, do tell me how exactly talents have been "treated badly" in the WWE. And don't bother with the whole "They should've pushed THIS guy or THIS guy" routine because that's opinion-based and it's open to debate and interpretation.

The WWE's not in a talent crisis, they have the deepest pool they've had in years that is always being refilled with new signees, NXT, the Performance Center, yada yada yada.

I want AEW to be successful too because competition is always a good thing, but Jesus Christ, some of you are talking like as if it's already WCW in 1996-1998. You're jumping the shark before the fish is even in the fucking water.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,274 Posts
WWE is unbelievably HUGE, but hopefully they feel a little ‘need’ to put their best foot forward, with a few stars having a chance to go to another place offering money...

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,537 Posts
Of course they do.

They have sabotaged so many wrestlers in recent years. So many wrestlers who have been doing great work and gotten over have been punished for it. They've set out to waste their own talents. The punish wrestlers for getting over when they weren't told too. They only push the same tiny group of people. They deserve to have an unhappy roster that wants out.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Like 2% of their talent has "reportedly" been unhappy with booking and "reportedly" requested release or "confirmedly" isn't gonna sign again, "reportedly" over booking so what crisis again?

You hating their booking doesn't mean there's a crisis with talent hating their booking.

What kind of I desperately need attention and affirmation thread is this anyway, of course the answer to such a question is going to be yes by 2/3 of people because the main focus of their wrestling fandom these days is actually hating on WWE. If WWE got better in their eyes they would not know what to do with themselves for a little bit. Hating on WWE is pretty much the funnest way to be a WWE fan now. You already knew the answers you would get to this question OP so why did you make the thread again?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Treated badly ? Meh, there are not many wrestlers who are getting embarassed on TV. If anything, the WWE deserve it for thinking too much about the talent. They kept hiring more and more wrestlers while barely firing anyone, they tried to accumulate as many talents as they could like a pokemon trainer and keep them in the back since there is no spot for them.

I'm happy talents think about leaving so that WWE can stop having such a huge roster and think about who they really value

·
Registered
22,722 Posts
Are they actually in a talent crisis though? Ambrose leaving while big, is not exactly a crisis. Now if they lost like Ambrose, Styles, Nak, Owens, Zayn, and Rollins then yeah that's a crisis. As of now they've had Ambrose want to leave, a tag team in the Revival who while talented are no loss, Maria and Mike who are no loss, and Kenta who is no loss. Losing some lower midcarders isn't a crisis.

Sure there's a need to contract up who they can. But ultimately WWE has such a large roster AEW getting some of their talent is no big deal in reality. Until AEW is taking talent and doing similar numbers in rating and attendance and such it's no real crisis.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,880 Posts
people are treating AEW like its a fully established company like a new WCW and it hasnt even aired yet.

something tells me that people are letting their desires get in the way of reality.
Correct. Fans' excitement over AEW doesn't really have anything to do with AEW, Cody, the various people who may or may not leave WWE, or even whether AEW will be any good.

It's actually born out of fans' love for WWE. Fans love WWE and it want it to be great again, and they believe that genuine competition is the only factor that will motivate WWE enough to change. If you told fans that the only way to make WWE return to greatness was to kneecap Wilford Brimley, just once, you can bet that man would be a hunted man.

FYI, do not kneecap Wilford Brimley. He is a good man, and he has TEH DIABITIS.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Correct. Fans' excitement over AEW doesn't really have anything to do with AEW, Cody, the various people who may or may not leave WWE, or even whether AEW will be any good.

It's actually born out of fans' love for WWE. Fans love WWE and it want it to be great again, and they believe that genuine competition is the only factor that will motivate WWE enough to change. If you told fans that the only way to make WWE return to greatness was to kneecap Wilford Brimley, just once, you can bet that man would be a hunted man.

FYI, do not kneecap Wilford Brimley. He is a good man, and he has TEH DIABITIS.
Not me, I've never loved WWE. I've loved certain wrestlers and tolerated the company's existence in order to watch them while the booking was only somewhat incompetent. Now though, with it having been bad for so many years in a row, half my life in fact, I want them out of business.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The only talent crisis WWE have is that the roster doesn't actually have any talent.

Whoever is in charge of recruitment needs to take most of the blame.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,880 Posts
Not me, I've never loved WWE. I've loved certain wrestlers and tolerated the company's existence in order to watch them while the booking was only somewhat incompetent. Now though, with it having been bad for so many years in a row, half my life in fact, I want them out of business.
That's fine, but I'd wager that you're in the distinct minority.

Regardless, I guess this question springs to mind when it comes to AEW: everyone proclaims that they should provide an alternative rather than trying to directly compete with WWE by being just like them. If that's the case, however, how do they distinguish themselves without coming off as too "indy"? If all that were necessary were a different presentation and storytelling style, why haven't promotions like Ring of Honor or Lucha Underground really taken off in the US?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts