Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys :)

Does a lot of wrestling fans watch BJW, Big Japan Pro Wrestling?

I just read about it today on Wikipedia and I like its concept, but I don't if it's

in the top 5 promotion in Japan or even the top 8 or 10.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Been a Big Japan fan for over a decade. I'm really not sure how big they are, but I'm pretty sure that they at least crack the top 10 in Japan. They hold a lot of shows in Korakuen Hall.

There are loads of Big Japan matches on YouTube, so your best bet is to go check out some matches and see if it's up your alley. I'm not sure if you're familiar with deathmatches, but they can get extremely violent, so if you don't like seeing a ton of blood then it might not be for you.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
I stayed away from BJW for years because I heard it was the "Deathmatch" promotion and that's not my idea of wrestling but then I heard they have other divisions dedicated to Strong Style wrestling called Strong BJ for Heavyweight and Strong J for Juniors and decided to check it out. It's pretty awesome and fairly popular right now. If I had to recommend 1 person to check out, it's the current BJW World Strong Heavyweight Champ Hideki Suzuki and his match with Yuji Okabayashi from this past May. Legit Top 5 Favorite Match of 2017 so far.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
I've seen a few matches and some of the matches have been stellar but I'm already following DG, NJPW, and the JOSHI promotions so I don't have enough time/knowledge to properly follow BJW. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts