Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
courtesy is a fallacy
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Right, Series 6 trailer was shown after the Christmas special (which was quite good), so let the talk begin on what things will occur.

Been following rumors over at Gallifrey Base, seems like alot of the season will be to do with River Song and her identity. Apparently the first episode has a Doctor from the future and 'the best monster ever'. I can't see them being better than the Angels, but w/e.

China Dolls do look creepy though, also good to see the Ood back.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
keep heavy spoilers and stuff outta here plz (or tag 'em).

I heard firast half of season deals with river and second with the silence, or whatever's behind it, which makes sense.

Also Stetson's are cool. Also yeah, The Ood are fucking badass and look great here.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
Christmas special was overly Christmas-y, but that's to be expected, even if it did slightly detract from the plot. Use of the Time Travel to put a spin on a classic story was very well done, especially the ghost of Christmas future.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Wasn't as good as the usual xmas specials (first 15 or so minutes were fantastic though), probably because they made it too overly christmasy. Next season looks brilliant though from the trailer. Hope there is a lot of focus on River Song.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The Christmas special was a good one once again, I think he's really growing into the role of the Doctor. It was good to see Pond in her cheeky police outfit again.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
I thought it was better than most christmas specials, probably all apart from the Tennant regen, which actually wasn't great up untill Tennant came on screen.

thought runaway bride and voyage of the damned were meh, i'm a sucker for a spin on a classic tale though and thought it was done well. weaker than most of s5, but still a good episode.

·
I forgot to update my user title again & will do s
8,975 Posts
I actually really liked it, agree maybe went bit OTT on Christmas side of the story but was Christmas so not really huge shock there, the idea of Fish in a cloud & not in water was very unique twist on things to me to point where I said if writers are/were clever could go little further with it & soon as thought that I did indeed jump when the Shark come through the window lol.

Liked story side of episode thought well written on the whole & had good ending to cap it all off, what will say is that thought the episode had another story going on underneath main ice/cloud story with crashing ship & not talking about the Kazran/Abigail love story taking about Doctor story in this episode where separated for most episode from Amy & Rory, yet still through episode manages to make Kazran his friend over the course of the episode so still attached & connected to someone but managed to so (indirectly) by killing Abigail more & more as they all spend more time together every year. Which leads to Amy asking if Doctor ok at end of episode which replies with him saying his fine & looks away before continuing conversation which obviously means really not fine & ok.

Looking closer into that a older Kazran & Doctor speak in the ice chamber where the Doctor claims a broken heart is better then no heart at all & Kazran asks if Doctor could spend 1 last day with your beloved to which Doctor just looks sad & glum & looks down rather then say anything (& with River Song appearing next season thought that bit was directly put in there for that reason) & at the end the Doctor stats that everything does have to end sometime otherwise nothing would ever get started & end of episode he says Half way out of the Dark.

I would imagine (I haven’t read ay spoilers so not in know btw) the River Song/Doctor story arc gets its finish this time around, based on same kind of theme as this Christmas Episode with empty kinda love/connection with prob since Doctor Who dire consequences, Also still question what the “Silence” is all about as well, I am really looking forward to next season of Doctor Who have to be honest.

Also like to say Matt Smith is doing great job as the 11th Doctor, never doubted him, still haven’t his doing smashing job in that role & plays it really well & long may that continue.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,463 Posts
Just found out something interesting about the trailer...it only shows clips from...

the first three episodes. I bet the bearded Doctor is from the premiere because they filmed in the US for it and the place looks like it could be Area 51.

·
courtesy is a fallacy
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First two episodes are a two parter which I assume takes place in the US.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
supposed to be some of the scariest episodes ever. can't see it topping blink or silence in the library but expecting good things.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,463 Posts
Yeah, hard to top all three Weeping Angels episodes.

To be honest, all I care about is seeing the Doctor discover new headware. He should wear a bowler after the Stetson.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts