Wrestling Forum banner

341 - 360 of 360 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Getting rid of Jodie is not going to solve every problem. They need to fire the entire creative team too. They are a bigger part of the problem than Jodie is.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
My out of nowhere nomination is Conleth Hill.

Think he could be a very interesting, always one step ahead of you, Doctor like 7.

As for Jodie's upcoming season, still a hard pass.
I like Conleth Hill, could be decent.

Like I said previously i'd personally go for either Charles Dance or Michael McElhatton.

Powerful voices and looks. Would be intriguing to see them play faces.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I like Conleth Hill, could be decent.

Like I said previously i'd personally go for either Charles Dance or Michael McElhatton.

Powerful voices and looks. Would be intriguing to see them play faces.
I still think if you get Charles Dance on board you've gotta cast him as The Master. It's the more obvious choice but it's, imo, obvious because it's perfect casting.

Michael McElhatton is a MAD interesting choice. It's so hard to imagine him being funny in anyway after his portrayal of Roose Bolton. Roose has funny moments but they're funny for all the wrong reasons.

edit: actually, after watching a couple short interviews, McElhatton can be quite funny, he could definitely pull off a Machiavellian Doctor.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Don’t know how reliable this particular source is, but I’ve been seeing it all over the place, so....

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/08/09/rumor-actress-jody-whittaker-and-showrunner-chris-chibnall-to-exit-doctor-who/

Rumor is Chibnall’s been (finally) canned, for one or more of many possible reasons ranging from tanking merch sales to a proposed female Dalek (fpalm)

The rumors also state the Jodie tried to quit in response before being forced back due to contractual requirements, filming a regeneration scene, and then being fired or let go.

If all this wasn’t good enough, the final bit of rumors state that BBC is looking to make a BIG move in trying to save DW by bringing in Michael Sheen to play The Doctor and Neil Gaiman as the show runner.

All I can say is HOLY SHIT I hope this is all true.

It seems like everything’s been done the last few years to kill Doctor Who but giving Jodie and Chibs the axe and bringing in Sheen and Gaiman could usher in a golden era. Sheen would be a GREAT Doctor and Gaiman has proven his ability to run a great show as well as produce quality Who episodes.

It’s been a LONG TIME since we Whovians have had something to be excited about, this just may be it.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Don’t know how reliable this particular source is, but I’ve been seeing it all over the place, so....

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/08/09/rumor-actress-jody-whittaker-and-showrunner-chris-chibnall-to-exit-doctor-who/

Rumor is Chibnall’s been (finally) canned, for one or more of many possible reasons ranging from tanking merch sales to a proposed female Dalek (fpalm)

The rumors also state the Jodie tried to quit in response before being forced back due to contractual requirements, filming a regeneration scene, and then being fired or let go.

If all this wasn’t good enough, the final bit of rumors state that BBC is looking to make a BIG move in trying to save DW by bringing in Michael Sheen to play The Doctor and Neil Gaiman as the show runner.

It seems like everything’s been done the last few years to kill Doctor Who but giving Jodie and Chibs the axe and bringing in Sheen and Gaiman could usher in a golden era. Sheen would be a GREAT Doctor and Gaiman has proven his ability to run a great show as well as produce quality Who episodes.

It’s been a LONG TIME since we Whovians have had something to be excited about, this just may be it.
:banderas

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

I heard about Chimbell getting axed, but Sheen and Gaiman!

Reactions: Whoanma

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Don't get my hopes up... don't you dare!

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

I really, really hope this is true. Because I was going to skip the next season and any further seasons with Whitaker and Chinballs involved. If they do this, I will actually watch the new season.

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts
Insiders seem to be refuting all these rumours. I don't know where I saw this but a YouTuber who I consider reliable has said that these are fake rumors with no confirmation.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Insiders seem to be refuting all these rumours. I don't know where I saw this but a YouTuber who I consider reliable has said that these are fake rumors with no confirmation.
I don’t know... DVD, the original source I saw p, has been right about these things before, and the only source I’ve seen refuting it is the radio times which has no official responses from Doctor Who or BBC.

If Chibs wasn’t fired you’d think they’d just say so. Same with Jodie.

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts
Not getting my hopes up though.

Show is still on my 100% boycott list till the first episode reviews are in - and then I'll think about it watching it, if they're good reviews.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Oh I agree rumors of Jodie leaving aren't going to get me to start watching. So long as her name is in the credits, I'm out.

I do however have to add, what does it say about Chib and Jodie's run that the most excited the fans have been in three years is the result of these rumors.

It speaks a lot to just how shitty Jodie and Chib are.

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts
Who was it?
Mecharandom. But she was quoting the radio times article.

Mecharandom and Nerdrotic haven't been wrong that often (as both play by instinct a lot of the times), though Nerdrotic is even more reliable than she is.

341 - 360 of 360 Posts