Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
The BBC Studios-produced sci-fi series was just edged by Emmerdale

I mean no disrespect to Emmerdale, Fair play to it.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,983 Posts
Just finished the Spyfall Episode I personally dug it. Second Season watching Dr.Who and I thought as the Season went on last Season it got better, not without it's problems. I do like the war at home vs going on to other Planets and Universes it's something different and it's crazy what the Doc and gang will have to deal with. The Alien Creatures taking over saying they want the Universe okay, but for what. The intensity and vibe is stronger this Season I feel and a good start for the Season. I really look forward to this Alien Race and what is their grand plan, and why take this long to do it because they must of been planning this for quiet awhile for sure. Yas hopefully has a big thing going for her considering she had a crazy experience with one of those Alien creatures right? Maybe she gets PTSD from it, and I have a feeling that Alien is still insider her somehow and is just resting I might be wrong though. Barton working with the enemy is interesting to how that came together and the twist at the end had me cussing like crazy. I don't know the Story with the Master and the Doc, but clearly it goes back to the Doctor in a past life and I guess I'll need to research between the two before Episode 2.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,173 Posts
Let the spinning and shilling commence!

I've never been a huge Dr Who fan but feel bad for the real fans who have to deal with "New fans" who are going to be shilling for the show. They're as annoying as fair weather fans.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
it's a tarp!
4,457 Posts
You know it would be cool to see you guys talk about more about how you feel about the Episodes rather than just be negative all the time. I rather care about how you feel about the Episodes, rather than seeing the Ratings to be fair.
That would require spoilers. I will say however I do not enjoy it when they just outright steal the endings from previous episodes.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well one of advantages of being in today's World is the ability to find anything and I'm fishing up past Dr.Who from the 9th Doctor to before the current one we have going right now. Should be a wild ride.
Some recommendations off the top of my head, you can watch these episodes without any real set up.

City of Death - The Forth Doctor - my personal favorite episode

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances - Ninth Doctor - considered by many to be the best Doctor Who story of the New Who era, if not all time

Blink- Tenth Doctor - A perennial favorite on ANY Doctor Who best episode list.

Listen- Twelfth Doctor - A lot of people criticize the writing of Capaldi's later seasons, and rightfully so, but Listen is a classic

I could recommend a hundred more but I wont turn this into a rant :lol

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Some recommendations off the top of my head, you can watch these episodes without any real set up.

City of Death - The Forth Doctor - my personal favorite episode

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances - Ninth Doctor - considered by many to be the best Doctor Who story of the New Who era, if not all time

Blink- Tenth Doctor - A perennial favorite on ANY Doctor Who best episode list.

Listen- Twelfth Doctor - A lot of people criticize the writing of Capaldi's later seasons, and rightfully so, but Listen is a classic

I could recommend a hundred more but I wont turn this into a rant :lol
I’d always start by recommending the Hinchcliffe/Holmes 4th Doctor era, the best Who ever produced imho. Then, as you’ve said, there’re a hundred more that could be recommended.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Watch the third episode of Dracula, it's so hilariously bad. It's like CW bad.
Uggh. I believe it. I don't know what Moffat and Gatis were thinking doing a Dracula reboot in 2020.

They obviously had A LOT of success with Sherlock but Dracula, unlike Sherlock, has been done through every possible lens over and over and over again. There's room in Sherlock homes for an original interpretation and spin.

Classic Dracula? Done.

Modern Dracula? Done

Futuristic Dracula? Done.

Punk Rock Dracula? Done.

Funny Dracula? Done.

Black Dracula? Done.

Good Guy Dracula? Done.

Musical Dracula? Done.

Prequel Dracula? Done.

Name a spin, there's an incarnation of Dracula doing it.

I love the collaborations between Moffat and Gatis, but in 2020 Dracula should only be appearing as the bad guy in meta episodes of shows like Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Supernatural or in absurdest dramas like The Umbrella Academy were he teams up with Hannibal Lecter to enslave the human race.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’d always start by recommending the Hinchcliffe/Holmes 4th Doctor era, the best Who ever produced imho. Then, as you’ve said, there’re a hundred more that could be recommended.
Definitely the Hinchcliffe/Holmes era, The bona fide classics it produced must sees

It's weakest episode IMO is "Revenge Of The Cybermen" and even that one is ok.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Uggh. I believe it. I don't know what Moffat and Gatis were thinking doing a Dracula reboot in 2020.

They obviously had A LOT of success with Sherlock but Dracula, unlike Sherlock, has been done through every possible lens over and over and over again. There's room in Sherlock homes for an original interpretation and spin.

Classic Dracula? Done.

Modern Dracula? Done

Futuristic Dracula? Done.

Punk Rock Dracula? Done.

Funny Dracula? Done.

Black Dracula? Done.

Good Guy Dracula? Done.

Musical Dracula? Done.

Prequel Dracula? Done.

Name a spin, there's an incarnation of Dracula doing it.

I love the collaborations between Moffat and Gatis, but in 2020 Dracula should only be appearing as the bad guy in meta episodes of shows like Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Supernatural or in absurdest dramas like The Umbrella Academy were he teams up with Hannibal Lecter to enslave the human race.
Looking up Dracula 2020 and it sounds awful.
And the alleged woke pandering just has me shaking my head, Not surprised as it's BBC & Netflix.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts