Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Well my Mom was a wrestling fan when she was younger and she got me into it as soon as I was born. She watched with my up untill the attitude era, she did not like what she called the degrading of women that was happing, which I can understand seeing as what happend too her(Long story). But she still stayed up late to tape Raw for me when I was to tired from school. She knows I love it and she has no problem with it. Infact she is going with me too a local wrestling show June 9th. Cause some of her favs like Superfly Snuka, King Kong Bundy, Jimmy Valiant, Nikolai Volkoff and Tony Atlas will be there.

My Step-Dad is a different story. He hates it, anytime he will watch tv and a commercial will come on he gets on my butt about it. He says watching wrestling makes you stupid and stuff like that. He has been doing that for like 9-10 years. Allthough latley he has been more toned down about it. He even told me about the WWE show that came here the other week and asked me if I wanted he would drive me. He knows that through all these years I will not change my mind. A few times when he said wrestling was a waste and why I watched it, I would refer back too a thing Spartanlax wrote about and posted in a poetry thread someone made earlier this month. What he wrote was great

·
Straight From Hell
10,066 Posts
Well neither really like it to much. My mom usually goes off and does something else when it comes on and my dad will come and sit and watch it but I do not think he really enjoys it either.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well sometimes my dad tries to convince me to stop watching wrestling meanwhile he watches raw in another room :argh:. My mom thinks I'm some sick kid cause she saw me watching A king of the deathmatch DVD. I tell her I wanna be a wrestler, just for fun so she can freak out...Always fun to watch her reaction :lmao

Overall they've been pretty cool never complaining about me attending Indy shows (Which are mostly UWA Hardcore). Hopefully one day I go to Buffalo to watch an RoH show and maybe go to PWGS BOLA, CZW TOD, Ted Petty Invitation or Chikara Young Lions One time...

·
Sorry about your homie... homies
2,465 Posts
My mum and dad don’t really care about it, my younger sister hates it. My uncle was the one who got me watching wrestling he used to be a big WWF fan, he only watches Puro now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've been watching wrestling all my life. The earliest I can remember was at age 4 (undertaker is scary at that age). Me and my dad still watch Raw together every week. My mom doesn't have a problem with it but doesn't watch it. My sister used to watch it a lot too but doesn't keep up with it that much anymore. None of my friends like it enough to watch it but I've taken a couple to an ROH show and they loved it. Me and my sister went to both nights of the Chicago Spectacular and to a smackdown/ecw house show. I probably should have taken her to a WWE show first, she pretty much hated the smackdown house show and said ROH is vastly superior as far as the crowd and wrestling goes. Guess that's my 2 cents.

·
is ashamed to be Delirious illegitimate father
950 Posts
Mum and Grandma-love proper wresting (classic world of sport etc) like me think there's far too much talking etc.
My mum'll watch smackdown with me she criticises loads but when I was watching raw before (episode where undertaker showed up, when his music came on my mum blurted out "what's the undertaker doing here?" before getting embarrassed at mine and my dad shocked reactions :D), she also passionately hates Kennedy and would give him great heat at a show.
She's also very enthusiastic about me attending wrestling classes :D

Dad-Thinks it's shit and that I should grow up, couldn't believe I want to attend a wrestling class.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
Back when I was a kid everyone in my family loved wrestling and watched everythign from WCW,ECW and WWF. But then the attitude Era came and it was just really me,my grandpa,my brother and uncle. Then as times grew it was just me and my grandpa with the occiasional dad watching it with us. But now since my uncle has to love in Portugal,my grandpa passed on its just really me that watches wrestling. My dad likes it but doesn't watch it always,only watches the PPV's with me. My mom says she doesnt like it but she'll watch it but she hates the divas same with my grandma. Soo now its just really me that loves it now.

And most of my friends hate it and think im a loser for watching it.

·
~
1,892 Posts
Mom dad hate it, oh it's acting they always say however me and my nanna always watch it, she made me tap once to the walls of jericho, we sit and watch old school ecw, she occationally joins in with the "she's a crack whore" chants.

·
Misawa
2,854 Posts
Mine aren't fans of it. My dad simply attempts to insult them every chance he gets and my mother just gets mad at everything whenever she is around me watching it. It doesn't bother me much as I just fire up at my dad every now and then and just ignore my mum until she leaves the room. My brother got over insulting it like my Dad does and can tolirate watching it with me. Surprisingly there are a lot more people at school that are into it than I knew of. Most of the Jocks love it, and I hate them for it. The reason I get into things like Wrestling, MMA, Techno music, ect.. is because the majority of people don't like it. I remember one day I was imitating Mr. Kennedy in class and some stereotypical jock said 'Mr. Kennedy's Gay!' loudly in class. I proceded to say 'Fuck you mate, he shits on everyone else. I'll be you 20bucks he wins the Money in the Bank match' (this was a few weeks b4 WM). I still have that 20 bucks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
my mom actually introduced wrestling to me she was watching WCW and ECW and WWF and i'd sit and watch with ehr I was like 6 years old and she likes wrestling and all but doesn't get into ROH or the Indy promos as much as I do my dad despises wrestling he thinks its really dumb and can't stand me to even play the damn video games.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dad watched it and trained in it for a while before work became to hectic, but my mom doesn't hate it, but doesn't "understand it" I guess. I mean she has taken me to shows before but normally I had someone else actually go to the show with me. In all honesty, I could give a shit less if anyone I know likes it because I am interested in it. My cousin and I will probably train in it now that I am out of high school and have the time. But yeah, my parents have really been cool about it all my life, so no complaints here.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts