Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Saint of the South
102 Posts
Everyone in my immediate family likes it, my mom, my dad and my sister. My mom and sister are both serious marks and my Dad and I just sit back and enjoy it all. Dad is a little old school when it comes to alot of things, but he is slowly learning to handle more things. He still predominantly goes for the good guys and hates the bad guys, but hey, I don't think he will ever change in that aspect.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I started watching due to my step dad, kinda something for me and him to do together. Soon my mom joined in. However, they stopped watching sometime around the Invasion angle. My step doesnt give a shit about it and bashes it whenever she can. My dad honestly hates the very point behind it(hes a huge football and mma nut, like me), but I can actually talk him into watching a match every now and then. Pretty much everyone just lets me watch it and all is well.

·
broads love it when ya call 'em dames...
1,944 Posts
Hmmm.
Well My father hates it. He won't watch it at all. Interestingly enough, He likes UFC, and occasionally watches The Ultimate Fighter but always says "This is all bullshit, get to the fighting".

My stepmom has no interest.

My brother will watch it for a few minutes,but that's it, He can name all the big names,faces and moves though without a problem.

My sister watches Raw and Smackdown once in a while cause my brother in-law( who is a huge Ultimate Warrior mark god knows why) actually likes WWE and I got him into TNA when they first started on Spike and he loved the Christian Rhino cage match. He said "You're were right, that was some of the best wrestling I've seen in a long time". Of course, that was back when TNA was good.

My mom jokes around and calls it "rasslin". She doesn't have a problem with it. She was shocked when i told her HBK was still wrestling and asked me if he was "a good guy or bad guy now".

I don't have any friends that like it, they think it's stupid.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
my parents dont watch it but they dont mind me watching it at all(on the occasion mum says how can adults get so into this stuff). dad will occasionly watch it if its on.

·
Forever Blowing Bubbles!
4,889 Posts
Both Mum and Dad have no interest but then again, they only see me watching weekly WWE television and see alot of the embarrasing childish crap. I'm sure if they would sit through a classic WWE/WWF match or one Indy match they would leave with a different perspective on profesisonal wrestling. Not like they stop me from watching though, they definetley tolerate me watching it but just won't watch it themselves.

My Mum loved the Kane/Hardy/Lita and dead baby storylines from Raw a while back. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Nearly everyone I know thinks 'its a load of rubbish' because it is fake and they think I am a wrestling nut most of my immediate family hate it, my Uncle doesn't mind it and a few of my friends like it but at my school I'm like the Wrestling knowledge god so most of my friends know hardly anything about wrestling so that can get on my nerves

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
My mom hates it and wishes I wouldnt watch it but she buys me a bunch of roh dvds on my birthday. Kindof funny. My dad doesnt mind it he would go to a wrestlilng show with me if i asked.

·
Havamaniac #2
6,019 Posts
My mom doesn't really care. She usually leaves the room and watches our other TV. She does enjoy when HBK or Hogan are on though. My dad watches WWE, ROH, IWA, CZW, etc with me. He is a wrestling fan. Sometimes he goes to live events with me too. He likes Undertaker, Bret Hart, Edge, Samoa Joe, and amazingly Chris Hero.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
My mum thinks I'm addicted. Well I am. She still tolerates it and buys me DVDs. My Dad is a BIG fan, he knows the Briscoes, Nigel, Claudio and some others. We watch a (really good) match 1 - 2 a week. He went with me to 8/13 and was amazed. He can't wait to go to ROH live again. I'm rambling, I know.

·
30,980 Posts
My dad is a somewhat casual fan. He attends some shows with me and occasionally watches Raw and Smackdown. My mom despises it.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts