Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
It would be great.

CM Punk would destroy Rock's character in the sense of calling out his tired gimmick, his horrible movies like GI Joe 2 & Tooth Fairy, the idea that he did wrestling in order to become an actor, how he is overrated and things he knows behind the scenes etc

Rock, however, is much funnier than CM Punk. He will try to counter Punk's reality shoot style with his crass sense of humor, call Punk a nobody, destroy Punk on his skinny lesbian looks like only The Rock can, and overall deliver more electricity and humor than Punk.

Unstoppable force meet immovable object.

This could be the best segment in a long time

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
OK i'll save you people the argument .. cause i know how this thread is gonna end up :

punk's posse : "Rock only uses his catchphrases"

rock's posse : "punk only know how to break keyfabe"

me personally , i'd love to see a promo between both , it would be epic

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
OK i'll save you people the argument .. cause i know how this thread is gonna end up :

Very true.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
It'd be incredible, two of the best mic workers of all time going at it.

The only issue is that they're very different, Rock works the "main-event" mic style, insults, catch-phrases, high energy and getting the crowd involved.

While Punk is very much content driven. Not saying ones better than the other, but they're quite different.

Arn Anderson or Jake Roberts vs. CM Punk is more my cup of tea. And if you want superstar vs. superstar, Macho Man or Ric Flair vs. the Rock.

·
Registered
411 Posts

Spot on.

The Rock knows how to insult people. CM Punk knows how to attack their weak points and use intelligence to break them down. Both incredibly good and confident on the mics and it would be EPIC.

The only problem I see is who I would like the most afterwards. One of them would have to lose, and I wouldn't want to see anyone of them do that.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
No, Phil doesn't deserve to be humiliated by The Rock, he will probably be in his SVS team as his sidekick, and this will the highlight of his career.
other than that? no, HHH has done a good job, destroyed and exposed Punk in every promo so i don't see the point here. like Rocky mark said, pointless thread.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Punk might be a challenge for Rock, but I believe Rock can take him. :agree: Yes, I would love to see a promo between the 2 another Rock/Christian promo would be nice as well.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Punk might be a challenge for Rock, but I believe Rock can take him. :agree: Yes, I would love to see a promo between the 2 another Rock/Christian promo would be nice as well.
Now that's a promo and even a match i would love to see, i still remember the teaser Rock/Christian feud in 2003, shame it's been canceled in the end.
if i remember correctly, Rock even wanted to put him over, would have done wonders for his career

1 - 20 of 50 Posts