Wrestling Forum banner

Do you want to see another black gimmick like The Nation of Domination?

3037 Views 34 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Gingermadman
I want to see a similar gimmick like when The Rock feud with Ron Simmons. Except I want to see Jackson Vs Henry, those two big monsters would make a good feud.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
No, generally speaking I'm not a fan of the race gimmick or even feuds of that nature. For instance I didn't really enjoy Rey vs Del Rio.

That said, Henry vs Zeke could be good just because it's not too often that we see Henry on the receiving end of a bodyslam.

I do think we should have a black World Champion though - despite the fact that I really thought Shelton Benjamin would make it some day. Perhaps Kofi has the best chance from the current roster. I am really surprised that Booker T's success didn't pave the way for more other wrestlers to become very successful in the WWE.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
No, the NOD wasn't even a good stable.

· Premium Member
285 Posts
Me and a co-worker were talking about this today. Not the dumb fued the idiot who made this thread mentioned but WWE having a black champion. I too would love to see a black champion but I just dont think it will happen. Every black person they bring into the WWE they just make there character some type of sterotype and never get pushed because of it

· Registered
377 Posts
Me and a co-worker were talking about this today. Not the dumb fued the idiot who made this thread mentioned but WWE having a black champion. I too would love to see a black champion but I just dont think it will happen. Every black person they bring into the WWE they just make there character some type of sterotype and never get pushed because of it
Most are forgetting about The Rock... it doesn't matter if he is only half black. I'm only half black as well, but I'm still considered black in the US, just like our President.

· Registered
1,247 Posts
Nah, race angles are stupid and simply fuel real life race issues.

However the current gimmicks being given to a lot of the African American wrestlers are horrible. Kofi and even R-Truth deserve a lot better.

Once again though...I don't expect much from the current writing staff.

· Registered
674 Posts
I'm only half black as well, but I'm still considered black in the US, just like our President.
I like that.
But yeah, Booker T was the last great Black wrestler, all-around.
He didn't go the hip-hop route. He was a genius at working the audience.
He was creative and was able to evolve with the times. I'm not sure there ever was or will be another black wrestler at his overall skill level, and he desrves the HOF within 3 years.
(Lashley sukked, Simmons was a token champ, thnx Dusty)

· Registered
163 Posts
I think it'd be interesting but I'm not sure how well that would do in this era. If they could do it right and make it somewhat original, i'd be into it

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.