Votes: 17 44.7%
  • No, Keep them on NXT far away from VKM

Votes: 21 55.3%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
C Mac G
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I see a lot of people talking about how it's a shame that guys like Sami Zayn and Finn Balor aren't on RAW, and instead stuck in the developmental program. While on one side, it creates a compelling product, and on the other, it seems like these guys are kind of just running in circles on NXT with no upward momentum(as far as their career goes).

But it begs the question, will they even be treated right on the Main Roster? If a guy with the Wrestling ability of Cesaro can't get a fair shot, what makes anyone think Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville will. And if Dean Ambrose can't get anywhere, why should anyone think Kevin Owens will?

What I'm saying is, do you want NXT guys to get called up, so they have a chance(slim chance) of succeeding on the main roster, or would you just prefer them to stay in NXT and just create a compelling product their?

Personally, I want everyone to get a chance at making the big living on the Main Roster, but from a fans perspective, I just know 90% of these guys are going to be mid card geeks.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Yes. And I'm going to take the oh-so unpopular stance because I think most people who are against it exaggerate the problems these guys face on the main roster as well as exaggerate the positive effect or even popularity of NXT.

Who wouldn't want to get at least a chance on Raw?
We as fans can't assume we know what Finn Balor or Sami Zayn or Kevin Owens feel. Yea sure they lead on that all they want to do is wrestle, but it's clear that Zayn and Owens have wanted to be in the WWE for their entire lives, and NXT isn't going to cut it.

Here's a quote of mine from the other thread that was about NXT talent being promoted to the main roster:

OXITRON said:
Everyone pls stop posting this awful hyperbole. Hardly any of the guys you all think were "ruined" or whatever are perfectly fine. And people often love to forget how well guys like Rollins, Reigns, Rusev, etc have been treated, just so they can spout their pointless complaints.

Adam Rose was rushed to the main roster so HHH could push the brand as some independent wannabe.

Emma was unlucky being paired with Santino because he had to retire, and her apparent stealing fiasco didn't help.

The Ascension are awful and should be released. They were also brought up for the same reason Adam Rose was.

Any other ones you guys wanna mention?

I disagree entirely with the OP about getting rid of NXT, but I do agree that some guys should be moved to the main roster. And they should be booked properly obviously. Most of them would do fine if given a mid-card position a la Rusev, because they could impress in that allotted time.

It's not like the EXPENSIVE FINN BALOR is going to go to the main roster to get jobbed out to Titus O'Neil or anything. Why would they misuse a guy that cost a lot of money AND is one of their only two big stars to draw attraction from Japanese fans AND is very popular in his own right?

Itami is the only guy to be worried about, and that's for reasons he can help himself, slowly but surely.

Ultimately, it comes down to the fact that we as fans want to assume that all these guys want to do is show off their ability, when we don't know if that's all of what they want to do.
Wrestlers generally want to at least get an opportunity to be on WrestleMania, if not main event the thing, and as far as NXT goes, if it's a separate or alternative brand, there probably won't be a WrestleMania opportunity for these guys (I stress 'probably').

So yea, they should definitely get called up. I want them to. I want them to succeed in a bigger pond and without being called up they won't even get the opportunity to do it. And it's not like there's a bad track record of NXT call-ups. For most of the supposed failures there's a legitimate excuse, and there isn't as many failures as there are successes.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Yes, but only when they've done all they can do in NXT and are about to overstay their welcome.

Rose was only a couple of weeks into his new persona before getting shoved onto the main roster. Huge mistake.

·
Premium Member
8,250 Posts
For guys like Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville, they've spent enough time down at NXT. As much as the main roster shows suck right now and the booking is terrible, I want those guys to get on the main roster to have a shot at succeeding. Especially Sami, I was very disappointed to hear he probably won't be debuting on the main roster yet. He needs to now to be fair. I don't care too much for Zayn/Owens feud, they will never match the greatness they achieved at ROH anyway.

But for the newer guys and particularly 4 of the BIG FIVE as OXI likes to put it, I'd rather they stay on NXT a while longer before being thrown to the wolves so to speak where only one or two of the 5 will actually have the support of Vince and Dunn and not get sabotaged.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Only if Vince is fired, resigns, or is otherwise GONE... look at the shit they do with Bryan/Ziggler/Cesaro and on and on and on...

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,556 Posts
The thing is not everyone should be a Main Eventer. In this Indy mark dream world how exactly does Ambrose, Rollins, Bryan, Cesaro, Punk, Zayn, Owens, Balor, etc. all be in the Main Event at once simultaneously competing for the WWE Title? You need midcarders, and in case of a guy like Cesaro who offers nothing but in ring talent he's best served making others look good as opposed to trying to cut wooden promos.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Only if Vince is fired, resigns, or is otherwise GONE... look at the shit they do with Bryan/Ziggler/Cesaro and on and on and on...
Win two matches and the main event at WrestleMania for the WWEWHC?

Defeat top stars almost entirely by himself and be the embodiment of an upper-mid card face?

Cesaro you have a point with but he isn't that bad.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
Nope, at least not at this current time with Vince in charge and his CT.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
More so the men than the women, women in NxT are represented better and have so much better matches and character than a fraction of what I see on WWE's main shows.

I dont want the women to come up just so they're entrances to the ring are longer than their matches... suffer roll up pin losses and horrible matches! WWE need to sort their womens division out first. They have ruined my poor Paige :(

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
As much as I know I will never see them used to their full potential on the main roster I really do wanna see them on the main roster.

Especially Zayn and Owens I think they may just be able to get somewhere.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, especially Zayn, Balor and Nevile. I don't mind them being midcarders as long as they are booked correctly. Zayn and Neville have been in NXT for too long and as for Balor, he's already 33 years old, have already adapted to the WWE style and earns a lot of money. There's no point for Balor to be there anymore, him joining the main roster will also clear space for guys like Itami, Breeze, Corbin, Crowe and maybe Calisto (as a solo wrestler).

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Why don't they make NXT an official brand of the WWE(with his stars and tv slots and everything)?

We've always needed a comercial brand (Raw) and a hardcore brand (Call it Smack Down!), I don't see any reason against it, nobody cares about SD and ME anyways, why don't they just try to put something different without "hurting" their actual product?

·
Registered
501 Posts
As much as I love NXT, I would feel bad if they never moved up to the main roster.

They left their high-paying, huge-audience jobs for the chance to go to Raw. I'm pretty sure they would be pissed off themselves if they were never demoted to the main roster.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.