Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we all know that Del Rio and Cena are winning at WrestleMania, and that Cena will close the show. Here's the history of the men that have closed WrestleMania the victor:

I Hogan & Mr. T
II Hogan
III Hogan
IV Savage
V Hogan
VI Ultimate Warrior
VII Hogan
VIII Hogan
IX Hogan
X Bret Hart
XI Lawrence Taylor
XII Shawn Michaels
13 Undertaker
XIV Steve Austin
XV Austin
2000 Triple H
X-Seven Austin
X-8 Triple H
XIX Brock Lesnar
XX Chris Benoit
21 Batista
22 Cena
23 Cena
XXIV Undertaker
XXV Triple H
XXVI Undertaker

So only Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, Lawrence Taylor (!), Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Steve Austin, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Chris Benoit, Batista, and John Cena have ended WrestleMania. Is there any chance at all that Edge, Alberto Del Rio, or The Miz could join that list? More to the point, do you think WWE knows how predictable these matches are looking?

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
Remember how obvious people thouught it would be Orton losing the belt at WrestleMania 24? Don't count WWE out of suprising you.

Thats one example out of the past 10 WM title matches. Cena has either won or retained the title at EVERY WrestleMania since 21 (excluding the triple threat at 24 where he was still in the match). Cena winning the title at this point is more predictable than the Sun rising and its boring. Either Cena/Miz or Trips/Taker will close the show, and while those are the star matches both are mind numbingly predictable.

· Premium Member
286 Posts
With Alex Riley done with Miz i could see the Miz winning thus starting his run as a face.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Remember how obvious people thouught it would be Orton losing the belt at WrestleMania 24? Don't count WWE out of suprising you.
As soon as i saw the title of the thread i was going to say the exact same thing as i don't know anyone either on here or on the internet that really thought that Randy Orton would walk out of WrestleMania as WWE champion and i would say it was the same thing for Chris Jericho last year as well. Who could honestly say that they saw Triple H walking out as WWE champion in 2000 when almost everyone was sure The Rock would win and then who honestly expected John Cena to go over Triple H at WrestleMania 22 when he had been buried in the feud leading up to that match.

I can see how the OP can be a little concerned with WWE/World title matches as more often than not we all know who will be winning but WWE do usually try and throw a swerve every couple of years in their WWE/World title matches at WrestleMania. If i am honest i really wouldn't be surprised to see The Miz walk out with the WWE title although i do expect John Cena to win, i also wouldn't be surprised if Christian ended up in the Edge/Del Rio match to make it a Triple Threat and then have Christian walk out as World champion although again i do expect to see Alberto Del Rio become World champion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.