Wrestling Forum banner

Do you think WWE is doing a good job with it's Talent Wellness Policy?

4K views 34 replies 29 participants last post by  Brock_Lock 
#1 · (Edited)
Do you think WWE is doing a good job with it's Talent Wellness Policy? Not to mention it's past suspending firing and all that kind of stuff?

If so why? If not why?

#2 ·
Not really. How the fuck David Otunga gets passed it but guys like Bourne and Rey I'll never know.. Also Rock was high in his match with Cena at Wrestlemania and nothing happened.

#5 ·
Not really. How the fuck David Otunga gets passed it but guys like Bourne and Rey I'll never know.. Also Rock was high in his match with Cena at Wrestlemania and nothing happened.
Not sure if trolling. Elaborate please.

#12 ·
Call me skeptical but they seem to have it in for certain people- maybe people they feel are 'dispensible' like Evan Bourne, William Regal and Rey Mysterio- that way they can say 'look- we are doing a thorough job with this wellness policy thing! Everything is totally above board!' Meanwhile Cena and co can take whatever the hell they like scott-free.

#13 ·
Umm I want to say yes but I see blatant favoritism and double standards and so I'll say no.
It seems the biggest bust of steroid users, a few years ago, came out because of the Benoit situation not because of the E's wellness program which was created a year earlier after Eddie's death.

Just look at dave batista, david otunga, mason ryan, ryback, and all the other unnatural looking guys and tell me I'm wrong. WM 25 Triple H was cut like he was made of stone, there was no doubt in my mind he was on the juice. The Rock was bigger and more cut than he's ever been before, his head was even bigger, that tells me he was juicing.

As of right now the wellness program is a front so they won't catch blame if a guy's heart bursts, but they have done a little better in protecting their talent by banning chair shots to the head, piledrivers and other unnecessary risks.

#18 ·
The Wellness Policy has its kinks, but it has done more good than harm. The biggest issue is that bigger stars can get loopholes created like their suspensions happening weeks after the infraction or keeping them on TV as they serve their suspension via house shows. But I think every company creates loopholes for people higher up on the ladder.

#19 ·
Well, I can't say for sure on the topic on if they are doing a good job or not. But from that one picture of Cena doing the drug test, he was frikin smiling with the doctor, knowing either A. He's clean or B. He's going to get cleared anyway regardless of the result.

#20 ·
In that documentary posted on the first page Chris Kanyon says he took 50 sleeping pills and tried to kill himself but he didn't die and that he could of easily been one of those statistics but he is a survivor. I don't know why they don't keep psychiatrists and shit like that on check along with rehab for these people.

#22 · (Edited)
they only fire/suspend guys who arent crucial to the wwes big picture

rumor has it that the original plan was to fire ANYONE caught using ANYTHING ONCE, but after giving everyone an initial test half the smackdown roster failed

so if they did do the right thing Smackdown would be ruined but because the deal wasn't finallised yet wwe pulled all the loop holes and red taep possible

not long after it was well i effect an independant investigation was carried out and 15 guys on the wwe roster were caught doing drugs including Kennedy Funaki and Randy Orton

all of them got suspensions but I dont think mr orton was even fined and whatdoyaknow HE WAS GETTING A MAIN EVENT PUSH AGAINST CENA AT THE TIME

Coincidense?

so yeah it was good for saving MVPs life (for what that was worth) apart from that it is a big freaking fail

this could have be a full fledged anti substance scheme to clean up wrestling image in the eyes of the whole world but nope, WWE showed us more than 2006 already was that they are truely souless bastards

#23 ·
I couldn't care less about the wellness policy. It's not a competitive sport, If they want to take performance enhancing drugs, I don't care. Also they should let Weed and HGH go. The benefits for guys that are beating themselves up on the road 280 days a year far outweigh the negatives.

#25 ·
1. You dont have to be on steroids to get big, you need to eat right and work out heavily every day for years and be dedicated.

2. Some of these guys may well have done steroids before they were in the WWE, you cant punish someone retrospectively.

#35 ·
it is a smoke screen to clean their name. nothing more. it is like natural bodybuilding, just a farce.

don't be naive. dedication, hard work and a good diet are a must most of the time, but you don't look like those guys without chemical help. human body isn't supposed to be like that. it is not useful in terms of survival. a 6'1, 180 pound guy can't bulk up to 250 pounds with 8% bodyfat without help. those results are just impossible in a natural way.
half the meatheads and beach boys in the gyms are on roids. imagine if you are required to look jacked in your job in order to succeed.

#28 ·
Eddie and Benoit have had it coming for a while

#29 ·
Have you seen how many former WWE(f) wrestlers have died in the last 20 yrs? Their Wellness Policy is what it is. Of course those that died not under their WWE contract have no reason to be associated with the WWE, and their wonderful health policies, health care, and top of the line physicians :cool2.
I'm surprised Congress hasn't shut the WWE down by now, we are all fortunate that our Government is fucking clueless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.