Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you think WWE is doing a good job with it's Talent Wellness Policy? Not to mention it's past suspending firing and all that kind of stuff?

If so why? If not why?

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Not really. How the fuck David Otunga gets passed it but guys like Bourne and Rey I'll never know.. Also Rock was high in his match with Cena at Wrestlemania and nothing happened.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This vid is not exactly on topic but talks about the wellness policy and includes interviews with the guy who formed the wellness policy, Vince and Linda, Cena, Punk and others.

It's a very good watch and I would recommend it highly even if it was made in 2007.

EDIT: They also mention a possible loophole.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Not really. How the fuck David Otunga gets passed it but guys like Bourne and Rey I'll never know.. Also Rock was high in his match with Cena at Wrestlemania and nothing happened.
Not sure if trolling. Elaborate please.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Does creative count as talent? If so, then it hasn't because there has to be some good shit going around them

·
Registered
822 Posts
Call me skeptical but they seem to have it in for certain people- maybe people they feel are 'dispensible' like Evan Bourne, William Regal and Rey Mysterio- that way they can say 'look- we are doing a thorough job with this wellness policy thing! Everything is totally above board!' Meanwhile Cena and co can take whatever the hell they like scott-free.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Umm I want to say yes but I see blatant favoritism and double standards and so I'll say no.
It seems the biggest bust of steroid users, a few years ago, came out because of the Benoit situation not because of the E's wellness program which was created a year earlier after Eddie's death.

Just look at dave batista, david otunga, mason ryan, ryback, and all the other unnatural looking guys and tell me I'm wrong. WM 25 Triple H was cut like he was made of stone, there was no doubt in my mind he was on the juice. The Rock was bigger and more cut than he's ever been before, his head was even bigger, that tells me he was juicing.

As of right now the wellness program is a front so they won't catch blame if a guy's heart bursts, but they have done a little better in protecting their talent by banning chair shots to the head, piledrivers and other unnecessary risks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Umm I want to say yes but I see blatant favoritism and double standards and so I'll say no.
It seems the biggest bust of steroid users, a few years ago, came out because of the Benoit situation not because of the E's wellness program which was created a year earlier after Eddie's death.

Just look at dave batista, david otunga, mason ryan, ryback, and all the other unnatural looking guys and tell me I'm wrong. WM 25 Triple H was cut like he was made of stone, there was no doubt in my mind he was on the juice. The Rock was bigger and more cut than he's ever been before, his head was even bigger, that tells me he was juicing.

As of right now the wellness program is a front so they won't catch blame if a guy's heart bursts, but they have done a little better in protecting their talent by banning chair shots to the head, piledrivers and other unnecessary risks.
I agree, Cena didn't get any Wellness policy at all(and everyone is sick and tired of him being the Hogan of the 2000s and 2010s) yet lower wrestlers gets punishment.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I agree, Cena didn't get any Wellness policy at all(and everyone is sick and tired of him being the Hogan of the 2000s and 2010s) yet lower wrestlers gets punishment.
And how do you know Cena does steroids?

Yeah, and the double standard thing is bullshit. They suspended John Morrison in the middle of a push, they suspended Randy Orton, Rey was suspended two times already. So just because they don't suspend John Cena there's a bias towards who they suspend? WWE is a public trading company, they have to answer to sponsors and such. If it is found that Cena was taking steroids without punishment by the WWE, it would do more harm than good for the company.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I couldn't care less if the wrestlers take roids or not.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The Wellness Policy has its kinks, but it has done more good than harm. The biggest issue is that bigger stars can get loopholes created like their suspensions happening weeks after the infraction or keeping them on TV as they serve their suspension via house shows. But I think every company creates loopholes for people higher up on the ladder.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, I can't say for sure on the topic on if they are doing a good job or not. But from that one picture of Cena doing the drug test, he was frikin smiling with the doctor, knowing either A. He's clean or B. He's going to get cleared anyway regardless of the result.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In that documentary posted on the first page Chris Kanyon says he took 50 sleeping pills and tried to kill himself but he didn't die and that he could of easily been one of those statistics but he is a survivor. I don't know why they don't keep psychiatrists and shit like that on check along with rehab for these people.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts