Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean there was once a time when I use to really hope the faces would whoop the heels ass, because the heels looked sooo strong and devastating. I can look back on Jericho vs HBK and say I really wanted Shawn to beat the hell outta Jericho at Unforgiven in that storyline because Jericho was booked so well as a heel. I even enjoyed when R truth whooped Drew Mac's ass from all the times when Drew was beating on Truth. Lately WWE has been making heels look like a joke imo. I really thought Del Rio was gonna be that guy to hold the title and be such a well booked heel while holding it, but nope, the face yet again easily takes the title away from the heel within a months time.

How do you guys feel about the Heels today in the WWE, because they really don't seem to be booked to impressive as of late.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Not many. Mark Henry and Brodus Clay are all that come to mind. And Clay is squashing local jobbers. Evil Sin Cara isn't doing too bad either.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
There isn't a single legit heel other than Mark Henry which is all down to the fact anyone who gets close to being over as a heel is just fed to Cena eventually and they lose all momentum
It isn't the fault of John Cena though as it isn't as if he is using backstage power to bury everyone he works with. The blame is clearly with WWE management and the creative team because they are the ones who are booking what we see on tv and at PPV's. In reality i don't see any heel on the entire WWE roster who is believable in beating John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Triple H when he wrestles or The Undertaker when he is around other than Mark Henry and that has only been on the back of a few months build.

The problem WWE has now is one that was very similar to the one in 2002 when they had Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock and Triple H all as faces although they did have The Undertaker as a heel who was believable against those three and then Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle who were being built up to be believable against them as well. Right now though i would say the most believable person in beating the big three full time wrestlers of John Cena, Randy Orton and CM Punk is Dolph Ziggler who has been booked strongly and is improving all the time but Wade Barrett is only a strong few months build similar to Mark Henry away from being the most dominant heel WWE has and i hope the realise it soon.

·
Registered
252 Posts
They need a lot of work, time to go scouting. They have hurt everyone's credit recently except for mark henry.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Mark Henry and Dolph Ziggler is somewhat getting there but until he drops Vickie he will never be taken SERIOUSLY as a heel. I think CM Punk could of been used as a legit heel and threat to Cena or Orton but the fans turned Punk babyface and now he's basically a tweener who's crowd reacton overall has died down. Miz, Rtruth, and Christian all do there jobs very well but at the same time there characters have not been booked strongly enough and there's no way in hell they are seen as threats to the top faces in the company individually. Alberto Del Rio looked pretty strong all the way until none other than the obvious Cena beats him cleanly. I was like ADR work as a heel but he was obviously outclassed on the commentary this recent Raw and couldn't work the commentary as a heel worth a shit and that lose me some credibility for the guy. Punk made it almost come off as if he was talking to a guy who couldn't speak english. I would say with all the lack of heels, Now is the time for WWE to turn Cena heel for the first time or if they disagree with that idea than they certainly shouldn't have much issues with Orton going back to his natural heel personality. WWE should be desperate for heels at the moment and needs to make a big company changing decision like that (particularly Cena).

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
With the pg limiting most of some of the stuff heels can do they can't really do much to build up a heel so most of the time they build a heel up by squashing jobbers making them look dominant, although a "best friends for a long time and then sudden heel turn of one" angle could work but unfortunately Eve and K2 is having that right now

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
The only "legit" heels are Mark Henry and Brodus Clay, and Clay's on Superstars.

ADR could have been a legit heel a well, just have him tap out everyone, ya-da, he's legit. But no, WWE's not going to create a star that way.

I understand that yes, faces are supposed to be booked stronger, but right now the heels aren't even a threat to the faces. How many "legit" heels are there in the company? There shouldn't be many, four will do, two on Raw, two on SD, but now we only have one on SD.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ JBL_Wrestling_God, I think if Sheamus can be build to a mega face like Cena or Orton, then they might just do something about Cena. But like someone on here once said, there is still a high amount of people who are buying into Cena's popularity and good guy triumph character. The WWE will continue to feed off this I guess.

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
You do have an point op but the thing is there are different types of heels such as the coward,self righteous and the bad ass heel like Henry who i want the title away from him not because he of his legit heel role but because he is boring. Also the thing is when i was a kid i hated hhh the most and he was a good heel but the thing is when you grow you end up liking the heels more then faces and those tactics don't bother you anymore because your not a kid.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
The heels right now completely pale in comparrison to the heels of the last one of two years.

In 2009/10 you had Sheamus as a big heel, Barrett as a massive heel, CM Punk on Smackdown and RAW, The Miz on RAW, Kane (while I didnt like him, he was booked as a big deal) on Smackdown, Batista on RAW. All six were big credible heels.

Now you have Alberto Del Rio who nobody really cares about, The Miz/Truth who aren't as big (especially Miz) as he was coming up to this time last year, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes...all kind of mid-card acts who are yet to be taken seriously as main evneters. It just seems like the heel side of things is kind of wearing very thin. In comparrison to the major faces on the brands they look so, so inferior. Think of it this way:

John Cena >> Alberto Del Rio
Randy Orton >> The Miz
CM Punk >> Christian
Sheamus >> Dolph Ziggler
Triple H (Not active but still an on air face) >> Cody Rhodes

The faces on the brands all seem like a really big deal however the heels just dont pack the same punch at the moment. Hopefully that changes, and I'm beginning to see them taking guys like Rhodes and Ziggler more seriously but at the moment the star power and credibility on the face side outweighs the heel side considerably.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
honestly, i think the days of being a "legit" heel or face is slowly coming to an end. sure there will be a couple of obvious ones, but overall, i think guys are just going to go out there and be themselves and if they get cheered they get cheered, if they get boo'd they get boo'd.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mark Henry .. pretty much.

I can see Henry forming his own "Nation Of Domination" type stable, but he is doing so well on his own, would hate to see that get screwed up. He is just so over right now it would be cool to see some people get elevated with him.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Mark Henry .. pretty much.

I can see Henry forming his own "Nation Of Domination" type stable, but he is doing so well on his own, would hate to see that get screwed up. He is just so over right now it would be cool to see some people get elevated with him.
Exactly what I have been saying, it is time for a New Nation of Domination especially with Henry as the leader much like how Faarooq Ron Simmons was the leader of the Nation

My New Nation of Henry, Ezekiel Jackson, David Otunga, Titus O'Neil, and Kofi Kingston, this would be my ideal Nation

Especially with Big Zeke turning heel again, and Titus O'Neil turning heel as well, with Kofi turning heel on Evan Bourne and switching shows going over to Smackdown with Otunga in his new lawyer gimmick as the Clarence Mason of the stable

·
2,775 Posts
Absolutely not.

They build up ADR's credibility and then shoot it down. ADR losing the title so quickly and cleanly didn't help at all, although i'll still let the storyline play out. Mark Henry is the only strong legit heel they have, as they make the other heels look like cowards who can't win without interference.

Infact speaking of which, I am loving the Mark Henry push and I think it's the best work they've done for a heel in a long time.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Exactly what I have been saying, it is time for a New Nation of Domination especially with Henry as the leader much like how Faarooq Ron Simmons was the leader of the Nation

My New Nation of Henry, Ezekiel Jackson, David Otunga, Titus O'Neil, and Kofi Kingston, this would be my ideal Nation

Especially with Big Zeke turning heel again, and Titus O'Neil turning heel as well, with Kofi turning heel on Evan Bourne and switching shows going over to Smackdown with Otunga in his new lawyer gimmick as the Clarence Mason of the stable
I dig that idea. He could use his recent success and title as motivation to those who feel they are being held back or not reaching their full potential. It would also make total sense because no one should know that more then Mark Henry himself.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts