Wrestling Forum banner

Cena passing the torch to Reigns at WM32

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • There is no torch to pass

Votes: 11 55.0%

Do you think WM32 would be the perfect place for Cena to pass the torch over to Reigns?

912 Views 17 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Drago
Cena wins the rumble, goes on too main event mania against Reigns at this point fans will cheer Reigns over Cena, now that Reigns is finally over it seems like a good time for Cena to pass the torch over to Reigns and maybe allow Cena to play a different role in the WWE instead of being the top guy, what do you guys think?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
19,744 Posts
18 months ago, I would've said yes.

Now, not so much. Maybe 33 or 34, if Reigns is in better standing with the audience. Still has some of that stank on him. Who knows? Maybe it's Rollins who Cena passes the torch to.

· Banned
2,434 Posts
Great idea, put Cena in the ring with Reigns so Cena can kill all his momentum... To be honest, that's exactly why i want to see that match at WrestleMania.

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Passing the torch means something when it's said, you know it's a big moment/match. Casuals see it as something they haven't saw before and draw interest into.

But no. Cena/Undertaker has multiple options in storylines. Much more of a draw. Reigns/Cena is just bland promo's and buildups with no effort behind them.

· Registered
184 Posts
I think Cena has another 10 years in him with his own "Hollywood Hogan" run. Call him CEO Cena or Celebrity Cena. Continue to build Reigns into the top star to where everyone is behind him. Have him face the top heel at WM, where he's ganged up on, then Cena comes for the save after a leave of absence, only to turn on RR and cost him the title. This leads to Cena's heel run putting over Reigns and passing the torch.

· Banned
14,756 Posts
There is no passing the torch between such dopey characters. Guy who got booed for 10 years but sold merchandise passes the torch to guy who got booed much harder for a year, and doesn't sell as much merchandise???? It's a fucking farce.

There's no torch passing in something that is so blatantly manufactured. And the audience won't give a shit either. They could very well boo this match out of the building. Or give it a completely awful response like they did to Cena/Rock II.

· Registered
2,133 Posts
I have no interest in this match. Well the only fun thing about it might be the crowd giving it the Lesnar/Goldberg treatment. In terms of quality, it'd be just like watching Cena vs Batista or Orton. In other words, shit.

· Banned
14,422 Posts
Worrying ppl think.Reigns has what it takes to.receive a passing of sorts. But i guess they are going to push him no matter what. Im.not.sure how Wwe is going to be with.When it.Reigns it bores carrying the company lol. As it is prob too soon.

· The Legacy Continues
1,285 Posts
Not yet. I would love to see this match when the time is right. You need to start changing Cena's character up a bit over the year to prepare him for this feud, and you need to give Roman some strong title defences against top stars such as HHH and Lesnar. Above all, Roman needs to come out of those programs as a more polished champion and a star that is worthy of a "passing of the torch". For Cena, have him show some subtle signs of jealously throughout 2016 when associating with Reigns and even other main event talent, such as Rollins and Owens. Make him feel like he is being pushed down by the younger main event players, so that he can play off of this in the rivalry with Reigns. This way, this feud could actually work when both characters are ready, which would probably be WM33. There is no reason to rush would could be a very important match and moment for Reigns.

· The Last Dragon
15,299 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.