Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
former WWE wrestlers who initially "retired" with his company only to sign with TNA down the road?

For example...the WWE gives Ric Flair a nice send off ceremony celebration on RAW after his "retirement" match, only to eventually leave the WWE and un-retire for TNA.

So I ask myself these questions...

1. Do you think Vince knew that Flair would go to TNA?
2. Do you think Vince cares that Flair is in TNA?
3. Do you think Vince considers Flair signing with TNA a slap in the face?
4. Do you think Flair will ever be welcome back to the WWE?

Guys like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and **** Foley are considered by many to be WWE icons, does them being in TNA effect their future relationship status with WWE down the line?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Did you see them plug **** Foleys book recently?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
No
Yes
Yes
Yes

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I always considered Flair a "WCW" icon. His best work was during that period under Turner and the Jim Crockett/NWA days.

·
Premium Member
15,439 Posts
Flair was forced to retire from the ring by the WWE and let go from the company. Sorry, but he has free will. He can go work wherever the fuck he wants to and he's still entertaining as hell. He thrives even more in TNA where there aren't garbage scripted promos and he can basically say whatever he wants.

Flair is good friends with Vince's son-in-law too so I have no doubt he would be welcomed back.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I can't say, but if I were Vince, it wouldn't bother me at all. Why would it? It doesn't affect him. TNA couldn't draw a decent rating if President Obama plugged them for an hour in his State of The Union. A guy like Flair working for TNA has no more impact on WWE than if he started shopping at a different Costco than Vince.

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
I think it depends on the terms they left on. If it's a Matt Hardy who seemed to burn bridges and alienate a lot of people then I think it'd be hard for them to come back.

I think Vince realizes that a lot of these guys still have to pay bills so going to TNA isn't anything personal.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Vince thinks so little of TNA as a threat, he just plugged one of their own wrestlers on WWE television. If the man ever gets mad about a guy jumping ship, it's because someone he's invested in walked out on his company, not because they went to TNA.

·
Premium Member
15,439 Posts
Yeah I don't think Vince likes guys walking on him and going to TNA ala Christian and Kurt Angle. I don't think he's threatened or anything. I just don't think he likes that guys that he's made walking on him. Guys that he let go because they weren't useful to him or were using drugs or w/e I have a feeling he couldn't care less about.

I mean Jeff Hardy went to TNA after his first WWE release and came back and became a multiple world champion.

·
LadiesMan217
948 Posts
Yeah I don't think Vince likes guys walking on him and going to TNA ala Christian and Kurt Angle. I don't think he's threatened or anything. I just don't think he likes that guys that he's made walking on him. Guys that he let go because they weren't useful to him or were using drugs or w/e I have a feeling he couldn't care less about.

I mean Jeff Hardy went to TNA after his first WWE release and came back and became a multiple world champion.

Didn't Kurt get fired for drugs? Painkillers or steroids or the like?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Vince thinks so little of TNA as a threat, he just plugged one of their own wrestlers on WWE television. If the man ever gets mad about a guy jumping ship, it's because someone he's invested in walked out on his company, not because they went to TNA.
As you often do, you stole my thunder. This, in any event.

Vince doesn't give a shit about TNA. That much has been evident for a long time now. They're not a threat to him. If a **** Foley or a Ric Flair want to come back in some capacity and agreeable deals for all parties can be reached, I'm sure that Vince would take them back with no ill will whatsoever.

It's guys like Kennedy-Anderson and the Dudleys, who either squandered innumerable opportunites to become a big star in WWE and pissed Vince off before they ever stepped foot in TNA, or burned bridges afterwards, that would not be welcomed back in any event.

·
Registered
9,853 Posts
It's not like Cena left and went to TNA, Flair, Hogan, Foley aren't gonna offer that much to the WWE other than being agents backstage and show up on tv once or twice a year, not a big loss for Vince.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts