Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
The question wasn't would streaming games end game ownership, it was will it replace physical disks. The combination of Downloaded content and streaming services will be the death of physical copies outside of some Premium ultimate gold editions, it doesn't mean you won't be owning games.

Streaming has always been sold as an up and coming media not as something that can replace physical copies in the near future, everyone involved in the gaming industry knows their are still massive limitations on network capabilities, so I disagree entirely that people have said this was an imminent change.

The infrastructure for streaming is being built in, we know that, so all this 'the internet is janky how can we do this' smells like the same shite people said back in the early 2000s when we were on dial ups.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,744 Posts
I'm sure it'll happen eventually

For me it's already happened.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
It hasn't for music, and that is far more broadband friendly. Physical media will always be around. Not just because of issues like poor internet, but just the fact that a large enough population will never switch over to digital only.

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
You can't, no more than you could play a YouTube video.

That is one of the negatives of streaming, it requires Internet.

No Internet = No YouTube, Netflix, Spotify, and other streaming services.
The only way it would work is if they allowed up to download the streamable games.

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Is someone trying to entertain the idea that digital media has not replaced physical? Dear me.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts