Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The way HBK and Kofi both build up their kicks almost like they can rival each other with their kicks. Only problem is HBK is a legend and Kofi is well.........still on the rise.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
dont think so because kofi is too telegraphed, hbk takes one step and kicks them in the chin were kofi does a slow twirl followed by a kick to the cheek. also shawns just looks more devastating because he hits it perfectly were kofi has problems with consistency

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
It will, it's already popular with the fans, the only thing they need to do is to put over the move against some credible main eventers. It worked when he hit it on Orton several times last year.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,598 Posts
dont think so because kofi is too telegraphed, hbk takes one step and kicks them in the chin were kofi does a slow twirl followed by a kick to the cheek. also shawns just looks more devastating because he hits it perfectly were kofi has problems with consistency
This

The Sweet Chin Music was brilliant. You could hit it out of nowhere and it was as fast as ligthening. Everytime I saw it, I marked out, and I don't normally mark out for finishing moves. Trouble in Paradise dosen't have the quickness and surprise that SWM had, and it's just not of the calibre of SCM

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This

The Sweet Chin Music was brilliant. You could hit it out of nowhere and it was as fast as ligthening. Everytime I saw it, I marked out, and I don't normally mark out for finishing moves. Trouble in Paradise dosen't have the quickness and surprise that SWM had, and it's just not of the calibre of SCM
I think trouble in paradise does have sort of an element of surprise but in terms of quickness and accuracy you guys make a great point. Its a move that is definitely over with the fans but caliber wise does not match up. Man I can only count how many times I have used the word definitely in my posts LOL.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Sometimes when he goes for the high cross body off the top rope I could swear I'm gonna see a top rope Trouble in Paradise where he spirals downward and kicks the guy knocking him out. I think that would really give you that end of a match finish at some point. Kofi a lot like John Morrison should alternate his finishers every once in a while. He's got the SOS too that could finish matches so adding a top rope Trouble in Paradise or some innovative looking move we don't really see ever would work wonders getting him over with the wrestling crowd. Kofi is already over with the kids and families. He's sorta got a dark place in his eyes about him which is a must for me when liking a wrestler.

It's not fully out there but WWE should push him in the direction of being a little more tough and letting him go all out and put on a real show every week on Smackdown and on ppvs. I don't really mind the anti-bully gimmick he had when he was feuding with Orton so it wouldn't hurt to have him use that again against some new wrestler to feud with. Kofi still has something going for him. Even if he jobbed a lot more I think he'd still be over with the song and boom boom thing plus it wouldn't diminish his threat to other opponents because his finisher can be hit out of nowhere and almost always ends matches.

·
Premium Member
10,198 Posts
The main similarity I see is that they both 'tune up the band' before hoping to hit it. Michaels stomped his foot while Kingston claps his hands and shouts "boom" (although it sounds more like "BUH!"). And of course, more often than not, they fail to hit it and rely on hitting it out of nowhere instead.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I disagree with the devastation part. On Smackdown this week it looked absolutely brutal. Now, he is slightly inconsistent but he can work on that easily.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If he only could do it a little more consistent and better yeah why not. It can look brutal but he needs to improve it alot.

·
Banned
4,201 Posts
No, as Kofi is lame, and HBK is awesome.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
N.E.V.E.R.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
No. If anything it just reminds you that it's not Sweet Chin Music and wrestling isn't nearly as good or entertaining as it used to be.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts