Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Roode's big title moment might end up like Booker T's title moment at Mania 19? Like, say Storm comes back interferes and that leads to a feud between them, not for the title. Or would something like that be too stupid for TNA to do? Yes this is a doubt thread, and yes, I know I am being pessimistic, just wanna know how you would react if TNA did that.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised at all to be honest, and I wouldn't be all that bothered. During the BFG series, Roode was "just another combatant" and he didn't seem special. Cmpare him to sokmeokne such as a Crimson or a Rob Van Dam, and not only were they a part of the series but they were built up with a storyline throughout (the streak / Jerry Lynn, respectively). Granted, they're building him up now but he doesn't seem t mch of a threat as of yet. In a way, I'd rather he doesn't win just so that when he does win it will seem bigger, if you get me?

But when you're comparing it to Booker in 2003, I have much more faith in Roode winning than I did in Booker winning, if that means anything.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Short answer, yes. Long answer. Gotta keep the belt on 'the face' of tna, Kurt Angle. Or maybe give to Hogan for the buys and ratings, brother.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't be surprised at all to be honest, and I wouldn't be all that bothered. During the BFG series, Roode was "just another combatant" and he didn't seem special. Cmpare him to sokmeokne such as a Crimson or a Rob Van Dam, and not only were they a part of the series but they were built up with a storyline throughout (the streak / Jerry Lynn, respectively). Granted, they're building him up now but he doesn't seem t mch of a threat as of yet. In a way, I'd rather he doesn't win just so that when he does win it will seem bigger, if you get me?

But when you're comparing it to Booker in 2003, I have much more faith in Roode winning than I did in Booker winning, if that means anything.
I know what you mean, honestly if he does win it in something like a title hunt, that may be better, not that I don't want him to win at BFG. And I also agree, this whole thing seemed like it was for Crimson to win the big one, don't really know what the hell happened there (don't really keep up with TNA THAT much). I try to keep myself updated for the most part. @ Agmaster, how well does Roode draw? If you know.

·
Premium Member
43,588 Posts
I'll say this. If Roode doesn't win the title, it'll ruin the whole PPV (at least for me anyway). Sting/Hogan, RVD/Lynn, AJ/Daniels, Ray/Anderson, MexAm/Ink Inc, and whatever else they have planned doesn't hold a whole lot of interest for me. The matches could be good or they could be terrible. But the only thing I am truly emotionally invested in is Roode Vs. Angle and the prospect of Roode winning the title. If that doesn't happen, then TNA failed to deliver the goods.

That said, with Kurt training for the Olympics and everything, I am almost 100% certain Roode is going to win the title.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll say this. If Roode doesn't win the title, it'll ruin the whole PPV (at least for me anyway). Sting/Hogan, RVD/Lynn, AJ/Daniels, Ray/Anderson, MexAm/Ink Inc, and whatever else they have planned doesn't hold a whole lot of interest for me. The matches could be good or they could be terrible. But the only thing I am truly emotionally invested in is Roode Vs. Angle and the prospect of Roode winning the title. If that doesn't happen, then TNA failed to deliver the goods.

That said, with Kurt training for the Olympics and everything, I am almost 100% certain Roode is going to win the title.
This is probably one of the biggest points that should put some, especially my doubts at bay.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
well, its realistic if he loses...... but i will be let down if he doesnt win the title within the following months

i mean its realistic if he wins... dont get me wrong.. but in aa real fight.. anything could happen

using that logic ^

but im ordering the ppv in hopes he wins.. im tired of sting, angle, rvd, and anderson being mentioned for the title

·
Registered
683 Posts
Of course, Storm has to cost him the match, no way Russo will be able to handle the idea of Roode winning clean so it's the best option available, unfortunately.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,404 Posts
There really are basically 2 outcomes that are obvious. Either Roode wins clean most likely making Kurt tapout which would even further put Roode over considering who he's facing or Storm costs Roode the match which would leave a sour taste in just about everyones mouth.

That said, I'm pretty sure they put the belt on Angle for the sole purpose of putting Roode over at BFG. There's no one else in TNA bigger to win the title from on a grand stage.

I'm already thinking about who Roode feuds with after BFG for the title. The great thing is with Roode coming from Fortune that you have backstory for 3 separate title feuds right off the bat with AJ, Daniels, and Storm. You know they're gonna break Beer Money eventually but I'd prefer it comes a little more down the line and not right after Roode wins the title.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Yes, absolutely. If not at BFG itself, soon afterwards. This company does not build up new talent and younger stars, period. Any appearance of such a thing is simply an illusion. I would love to be proven wrong, but it's not going to happen. Angle is going to feud with Jeff Hardy and by this time next year Roode will be losing to Scott Steiner.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I feel they'll do a swerve for the sake of it and if they do that, there's Roode's only chance. Now's the right time, like imo, the right time to put the title on Morgan was about 2 years ago just after "We"

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Reason why they wont fuck it up is,They have been doing this wave of young talent push in the last few months. They realize now Sting Kurt wont be around . We know Kurt wont be able to wrestle for a while with the Olympics.

So he wont have the world title.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not even TNA could do something that stupid. This isn't the situation i hoped would lead to Roode getting the title but if that's the end result I'm still happy.

In a perfect build-up i would have had Aj win the series with roode just coming up short and AJ going to BFG to win the title. Overcome with jealousy as fortune celebrated Roode would attack Styles on the following impact setting the stage for the next PPV.

Aj would get the better of him the first time with Roode flipping out after the match. This would lead to the next PPV where Roode finally is able to get the win.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm seeing Lockdown 08 with how Joe took Angle clean.

I reckon this is KOTR 01 all over with Edge beating Angle and keeping with E&C with Christian turning after becoming jealous of all the hype ... which will be Roode's 1st defence sadly :(

·
Banned
350 Posts
Watching this past Impact, I actually thought of a scenario I'd like to see in which Roode actually loses at BFG.

In short: Roode loses a hard-fought battle at BFG. Rematch on Impact. Roode barely loses again. Storm is announced as the #1 contender. Storm takes the title from Angle. Roode goes ballistic with jealousy, turns on Storm. We have our Beer Money split-up/feud, with Roode as heel and Storm as face. Frankly, I see Storm as the far more charismatic and likable member of Beer Money, with Roode being the better heel.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Could easily see them having Storm turn on Roode and cost him the match at Bound For Glory, and from there either going to a Roode vs. Storm feud or a three-way for the title at the next show.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
This is Russo booking with Hogan editing.

It wouldn't surprise me if Roode wins only to have Bischoff come out, say his first title defense will be done right away, and Hogan come out and beat Roode in a squash.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts