Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think?

Did WWE really worked hard this time ?

Was this Nexus Invasion Angle planned from the beginning?

Was Miz chosen as Bryan's pro to feud with him over the US Title ? Was this Bryan firing thing always planned so that they can have 7th man story with Miz fully turning on Bryan ?

If that was... master stroke !

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and I hate that they're already having NEXT Season 2 on air...

Nexus stole all the lime light

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I don't think they planned something that big so far in advance. Remember why Bryan was supposedly released? They were not told what they had to do out there, in detail. Naturally it wasn't a long shot for them. It is very impressive, though.

If it WAS all premeditated, then WWE deserve a standing ovation. Nobody could have foreseen it.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I thin the Miz/Bryan stuff was always planned, but I don't think the Nexus angle was planned. I can't really remember the timeline, but I think there were injuries and stuff like that in the WWE half way through NXT season 1, so that's probably when they decided that they'd do this Nexus storyline.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Honestly, yes.

Perhaps they didn't get the stable name down or anything, but they had the idea of an "invasion" with the rookies. Seriously, think about it; What would Wade Barrett be doing alone? Facing Sheamus, tag team match Sheamus & Barret vs RKO & Cena? Then next week a match against Morrison. With Nexus, he's showing his role on RAW and getting some ground. And with these other men on his side, they're showing they're capability to the world i.e: Justin Gabriel.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have a feeling all this was pre planned .

We don't really know why Bryan got fired at first place. Ever HBK said that might have all been a scam .

·
Registered
544 Posts
Course it was all planned, the invasion was deffo planned as for Bryan well he was booked into a fued with Miz, as before he got fired he had faced him on Raw a couple of times and had his fued with Cole also, was his firing planned? Nah i doubt it but the way it happened has made hima monster face now because of it so it worked out for the better

·
Don't be scared, homie
2,104 Posts
LOL. It's pretty obvious that WWE are booking things week to week and have no idea where this is going or how it'll end up. Not too different from the usual though.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts
I don't think the Nexus invasion was planned from the very beginning of NXT season 1. I honestly think it was during some point of NXT season 1 someone came up with the idea to have the NXT rookies invade RAW, kinda like a take over, and see how it goes. Well, it went over quite well, they kept it going, and gave the stable a name, Nexus.

If it hadn't went over well from the start, I'm sure the storyline would have been dropped.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
No they wouldnt have had it planned it out, they book things from week to week. Someone one day would of probably came up with the angle then they do it. The Miz/Danielson feud was going to happen cause of what happened on NXT. But the Nexus angle wouldnt of been planned out months before.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
We don't really know why Bryan got fired at first place. Ever HBK said that might have all been a scam .
I can't believe so many people fell for such an obvious work in the first place; all they did, essentially, was rehash the same work they pulled with Matt Hardy back in 05. Danielson conveniently gets released and turns up in some high-profile indy spots without a 30-day grace period?

Yeah, that was obviously a genuine firing.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'm fairly certain that they've booked this Nexus angle on the fly. They may have had the vague idea of an invasion partway through NXT1, but I don't think they had, or even currently have, the whole angle planned out to the end. The Danielson/Miz feud, however, was probably planned from the before the season of NXT started, or the very beginning of the season.

I can't believe so many people fell for such an obvious work in the first place; all they did, essentially, was rehash the same work they pulled with Matt Hardy back in 05. Danielson conveniently gets released and turns up in some high-profile indy spots without a 30-day grace period?

Yeah, that was obviously a genuine firing.
If I'm not mistaken, the 90-day no compete clause only extends to televised appearances, which I don't think any of the indy shows were.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I think it was planned but not until season 1 of NXT was reaching its end.
They seemed to have put some effort into creating NXT but it failed to draw, so they came with Nexus angle
by keeping all of rookies from season 1 on the roster and putting some interest into the start of season 2.
It was a good plan at first to keep 7 guys on Raw, and turning Bryan a big face in an instant but
NXT 2 didn't really draw, and this Nexus angle is starting to fall apart after dropping Young and Sheffield
being out hu
Now, they'll try to make some changes to the group by probably adding another member. I think Sheffield's injury
is the beginning of the end for Nexus

·
Registered
432 Posts
I dont think it was pre-planned. I think as the end of the series started nearing, the WWE noticed how much talent the NXT1 really had (sans Otunga). They had to do something convenient with them since they planned on bringing them all at once eventually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts