Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definitely have a feeling that we are going to be seeing The Undertaker back in the WWE ring this year, possibly summer/autumn time.

Now hes gotten to 20-0 he doesn't need to be taking a year off at a time, he clearly proved to everyone that he still has what it takes to get the job done , and put on an amazing match.

WWE magazine are currently running stories about possible Undertaker returns and he is currently on the cover of the magazine.

I definitely feel now that The Undertaker should be more active than just the one match a year at Wrestlemania and it would be great to see him but on maybe 2 or 3 matches and be active and visible for promos and story development. It seems a shame to waste a GOAT who is still capable at this high level and it could be a good time for him to either put somebody over or at least if he wins make them look good in the mean time.

Im not a fan of WWE bringing back older guys all the time to help the roster as WWE needs to be making new stars but I think they need to be using these older guys to put of the younger guys whilst they still can and whilst they are still relevant.

Its well documented that The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar want a match with each other after their heated past, and with The Undertaker regretful that he never went in to MMA, UFC this could be a another chance for him to get as close to that as he ever will by going against the former UFC Champion, with this whole HHH broken arm story line I would love to see WWE bring in The Undertaker to face Brock Lesnar if they insist on doing so.

I however would much rather see The Undertaker go against CM Punk,Wade Barrett,Bryan.

But before The Undertaker retires I think its extremely likely he will face Kane one last time, John Cena on a high level such as Wrestlemania, Brock Lesnar and possibly one younger star.

So when do you think he will be back?
Who do you think he will face?
How many matches do you think he will be involved in?

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Maybe after Elimination Chamber.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
He will make some appearances before Wrestlemania but I dont think he'll be in a proper wrestling match before Wrestlemania.
I'm guessing it'll be either Brock or possibly Sheamus.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I definitely have a feeling that we are going to be seeing The Undertaker back in the WWE ring this year, possibly summer/autumn time.

Now hes gotten to 20-0 he doesn't need to be taking a year off at a time, he clearly proved to everyone that he still has what it takes to get the job done , and put on an amazing match.

WWE magazine are currently running stories about possible Undertaker returns and he is currently on the cover of the magazine.

I definitely feel now that The Undertaker should be more active than just the one match a year at Wrestlemania and it would be great to see him but on maybe 2 or 3 matches and be active and visible for promos and story development. It seems a shame to waste a GOAT who is still capable at this high level and it could be a good time for him to either put somebody over or at least if he wins make them look good in the mean time.

Im not a fan of WWE bringing back older guys all the time to help the roster as WWE needs to be making new stars but I think they need to be using these older guys to put of the younger guys whilst they still can and whilst they are still relevant.

Its well documented that The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar want a match with each other after their heated past, and with The Undertaker regretful that he never went in to MMA, UFC this could be a another chance for him to get as close to that as he ever will by going against the former UFC Champion, with this whole HHH broken arm story line I would love to see WWE bring in The Undertaker to face Brock Lesnar if they insist on doing so.

Huh? I've never heard of this, whoever said Taker wanted a UFC career?

And considering Taker & Brock don't even like each other in real life, I highly doubt they want a match which will require one of them to job to another. If Brock didn't want to job to taker in 2004, I doubt he wants to do it this time.

Besides, why would we want to see another Taker vs Lesnar feud? There is no wife to abuse this time, so to speak. And haven't we seen enough of Taker jobbing to Lesnar?

I however would much rather see The Undertaker go against CM Punk,Wade Barrett,Bryan.

But before The Undertaker retires I think its extremely likely he will face Kane one last time, John Cena on a high level such as Wrestlemania, Brock Lesnar and possibly one younger star.

So when do you think he will be back?
Who do you think he will face?
How many matches do you think he will be involved in?
1. Around Summerslam or RAW's 1000th episode
2. Barrett, Rhodes, or Sheamus are longshots. Probably something stupid with Kane again or A-Train again considering WWE's "Creative" team. Or probably something to push Ryback, knowing vince's fondness for talentless big men workers.
3. No more than 6. He still needs to prepare himself for Wrestlemania 29.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think he will return for SummerSlam, or possibly Survivor Series in a gimmick match. Obvious choices of who I want to see him feud with are The Rock, Brock one more time, and maybe some day down the road, Sting. As for realistic feuds, Bryan and Punk.

·
Registered
414 Posts
He will return but vince will never put undertaker in a ring with lesnar right now. Cause lesnar is very unsafe to work with atm. and they both are not friends either irl i think? Most probalby undertaker will go one one with The Rock/John Cena. They both are friends with taker in reality and will put on a great match

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Nope, but I would mark out if he did. I miss 'Taker being a full-time wrestler, it's not the same anymore. He'll be back after Elimination Chamber next year. He only wrestles once a month (at 'Mania).

·
Boiling ramen at 1am because life is still happeni
4,206 Posts
If he did, it would go completely against the 'End of an Era' theme that the WrestleMania match was built arou--...

*sigh*. Fuck me...

·
Premium Member
17,315 Posts
I think he would rather appear in this

than WWE at the moment.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Huh? I've never heard of this, whoever said Taker wanted a UFC career?

There is a video on youtube saying this, ill try to find it.

He basically said its too late for him now, he wishes he had the chance to do it, if UFC existed when he first started out he would have tried it and that he wants to possibly one day manage some UFC fighters.

This is also the reason he wears the UFC style gloves, as a homage to UFC.

·
Registered
694 Posts
No chance at all. I don't really see the benefit. I love the Undertaker as much as the next guy but I'm fine with him being in the role he's in now. I'd rather him let the young guys get some shine all year round and come back around Mania time and give us a great match.

·
Banned
882 Posts
I am 100% positive he will return to action...early next year for Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
If he did, it would go completely against the 'End of an Era' theme that the WrestleMania match was built arou--...

*sigh*. Fuck me...
you didn't actually believe the end of an era angle would last more than 5 week, did u? :cool2

There is a video on youtube saying this, ill try to find it.

He basically said its too late for him now, he wishes he had the chance to do it, if UFC existed when he first started out he would have tried it and that he wants to possibly one day manage some UFC fighters.

This is also the reason he wears the UFC style gloves, as a homage to UFC.
Please do so. I really wanna know.

But truth be told, what he has done in WWE is incomparable to what he might have done in UFC.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
With Lesnar being back, I think the odds of Undertaker returning are highly enlarged because of their past in the WWE itself and the one off barmy they had at the UFC that set the IWC alight at the end if one of Lesnar's UFC matches.

After the HHH-Taker match at Mania, I thought Jim Ross was selling the fact that Undertaker wont be around for a while after this/will never wrestle again. I took what he was saying to mean that he may skip the next Wrestlemania then return at Wrestlemania 30 to retire. That all may have just been spun though, so that when Undertaker does return to face Brock, we're all shocked to see him return so early, nevermind it being non-Mania season.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Yeah, and the year after that, and the year after that.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Hasn't his body pretty much given out? I remember reading he had to punch his hips and knees when he worked house shows to get them to work. Majorly exagerated I'm sure, but still must hav came from somewhere.

I don't think we need The Phenom back on TV, but American Bad Ass could come back for a Month after Summer and give Smackdown a boost.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts