Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody think the Undertaker could return as the American Bad Ass/Big Evil Undertaker?
I wont lie, i'm sick of 'The Deadman' and all that rubbish, he's almost 'outgrown' the character and it bores me to tears, I think he needs to retire ASAP while he's still appreciated, UNLESS he returned as American Bad Ass, because I think people would enjoy it and find it entertaining...

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'd personally dislike seeing it (I'd get used to it, though), but I think he could do it if/when he comes back to continue the Kane feud.

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
The Deadman doesn't work in 2010 because its not believable but his first gimmick the western gimmick made him The Deadman he is the phenom of the wwe and i think he should return to his roots as the Ministry Taker before he retires he was so evil and dominating but Taker always seems to reinvent his character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hAAuuJB76U

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The Deadman doesn't work in 2010 because its not believable but his first gimmick the western gimmick made him The Deadman he is the phenom of the wwe and i think he should return to his roots as the Ministry Taker before he retires he was so evil and dominating but Taker always seems to reinvent his character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hAAuuJB76U
Do you have any examples of promos he cut/segments during his Ministry era? Like, something that would make me say ''I'd love to see this again?'' I've seen some older matches/segments, but not much of the Ministry of Darkness. Though, from what I've seen which isn't a lot, the Ministry Taker would be pretty cool to see in 2010.

Sorry, but I really got into wrestling around the time Taz was still doing commentary on Smackdown and Lesnar just hit the scene. Though, I remember seeing KOTR 2001 when I was younger.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
The Deadman thing didn't work BECAUSE we saw the human side in the American Bad Ass gimmick. Him going back to the Western Mortician/Deadman thing was a horrible decision, because it made no sense.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Reps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i like the deadmans entrance more... but yes ministry taker is a total badass

if im not mistake the american badass taker (who was pretty awesome too lol) came about when he was buried and came back as some night rider almost grim reaper-ish figure and then gradually became the undertaker?

unless im really confused which is possible lol... i was like 12 when the badass was around lol

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Heres a match on RAW is war Taker vs Vince from 99 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jh1zWR2aXs i really miss these days this was when WWF was at its best and i dont think pro wrestling will be this popular again.
It isnt even fucking related to the subject. Its like you went into this thread with the sole intention with absolutely nothing to do with the topic, just to state an arbitrary fact for no reason either.

OH LOOK, I CAN DO IT TOO!

Star Wars Empire Strikes back was awesome and no other moment in Star Wars will ever be as awesome or as fondly remembered as this:

Or

Buddy Rogers was the man who invented the promo. He was considered the greatest wrestling history and perhaps one of the greatest men in the 60s in general. He sold out an arena of 38,000 in Komisky park. No other moment since in the history of the business will ever compare to him cutting that very first promo.

Rant over.

Anywho, badass Taker had a fun run. Gave him a chance to demonstrate his good mic skills, not to mention humanised him as a wrestler. Which he carries on to this day when he sells knee injuries so well.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It isnt even fucking related to the subject. Its like you went into this thread with the sole intention with absolutely nothing to do with the topic, just to state an arbitrary fact for no reason either.

He posted that reply and link in response to this....

Do you have any examples of promos he cut/segments during his Ministry era? Like, something that would make me say ''I'd love to see this again?'' I've seen some older matches/segments, but not much of the Ministry of Darkness. Though, from what I've seen which isn't a lot, the Ministry Taker would be pretty cool to see in 2010.

Reactions: DahStoryTella

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Sadly, Redeadening's post = fail.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I'd settle for a deadman gimmick thats allowed to cut promos that don't suck ass.

·
Banned
187 Posts
It would be stupid to go from being the deadman, to the american badass, back to the deadman, and then back to the american badass again. I know wrestling is unrealistic fella, but this wouldn't make any sense at all!

Love from your top fella, Hollywood Johnson

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
american badass will never come back -
it was undertakers mid life crisis so to speak.
just a phase.
and undertaker will never get booed,
so i cant see him trying anything like
the ministry again either.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Taker's Ministry of Darkness gimmick was great, but it isn't going to live up to it's reputation when WWE is PG rated. Putting people on crosses, hanging the Boss Man etc.

I think Undertaker's going to return with a new redefined Deadman gimmick, however if for whatever crazy ass reason he does return as the ABA, it'd be cool if it was a 50/50 combination of the Deadman and the biker gimmicks and brought back the Ministry (likely with different members) as a "biker gang".

EDIT: Striker has lately been doing throwbacks to wrestlers previous names, like calling Big Show The Giant, he could also do the same for Taker, 2 names that'd work would be, The Master of Pain and The Punisher.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts