Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Yea, I'll live in the hope they re-unite one day tbh.

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Yeah, they could've, but they really wanted to get them going as singles wrestlers. Two of them have shone at least.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Definitely. The whole was 100X greater than its parts. Now the only one I like is Seth Rollins who Ironically was the one I least liked when they were together. As a matter of fact not only do I like Seth Rollins now I actively dislike the horrible talking head of hair and played out crazy guy.

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
I can definitely see the Shield reuniting one day. Their run didn't feel too short but I feel that since they split we know the separate characters much better so would be cool to see them together again.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
No, they got a longer run than most stables do, Nexus barely had a year and they were still hot when the WWE decided to scrap them and parachute in CM Punk and look how that turned out.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
They were that good as a trio they could have went for another year easily and possibly even beyond that.

As others have said they will hopefully have a chance down the line for some sort of reunion but that won't be for quite some time i would imagine.

I was gutted when they broke up as they are easily one of my favourite stables of all time and i watched the AE era as a kid.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
At first, the idea of the 3 of them being singles and the change I felt watching Raw after they split was very, very positive.

But then, they stumbled over each other, so to speak, and the gain of Reigns and Rollins has left Ambrose on a lower peg. Not to say he is a poor player, but I think he has benefit least from the split and even though Seth and Roman are doing well, they had the opportunity to make 3 major players and have lost their way with Ambrose somewhat.

You'd have to know what else The Shield were to do though I suppose. They already dominated Evolution and The Wyatts, what else? I like the idea of them staying together but working singles, watching each others backs, but I see why WWE wouldn't want that.

I think it went on long enough to make a really strong impact, but it wouldn't have hurt if it went on longer and I hope to see them together again.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
I was fine with them disbanding when they did. They just went over Evolution in two straight PPV's and had already feuded with the Wyatts.

It was time to end. There was nothing more to accomplish.

·
Banned
6,752 Posts
They had pretty much reached their zenith in what they could do as a group. I mean, once you go over Evolution twice in a row (and that's on top of beating all the other make-shift teams consisting of different combinations of Cena, Taker, Bryan, Orton, Kane, Sheamus, Show, Ryback, etc.), what else is there even left to do? They had already won titles and been that down that road. Really, it was the right time to break them up. I thought it would be a little later into the Summer than it was, but otherwise, you had to know the end was coming for them before the year 2014 was over.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
For sure, it could've and it should've.

If you remember, The Shield was THE HOTTEST they had EVER been from April to June/July when they got split up.

Again if you remember, they really had no choice. Bryan was out hurt, they needed to distribute the talent in The Shield across the whole card.

Huge mistake though, as we can all agree on. The Shield was having their best year this year, legendary matches against the Wyatts and Evolution, their chemistry was just getting perfected.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
They could have but I don't think they should have.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Well duh. It was the beginning of the Reigns mega push and they broke up such an amazing act so they could shove Reigns into the title picture. I think all three have floundered since the breakup and hindsight says it was way too early.

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Sure, but there wasn't any credible stables for them to fight as babyfaces, and Bryan's injury exposed just how thin the singles roster was so they needed them as fresh faces to fill those spots. The timing wasn't right, but it all worked out fine in the end for at least 2 of the 3 members.

·
Vaporizing the Opposition
1,075 Posts
They could have but I understand the lack of worthy opponents for them probably was a contributing factor in breaking them up. They had an awesome run and will always be my favorite faction. I personally would have liked them to stay together a bit longer but what's done is done. My hope now is that Reigns finds his niche, Ambrose starts getting proper booking and is put back in at least the upper mid-card and that Rollins isn't brought down by his naked photo controversy. I want all of them to succeed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Whole >>>> sum of parts.

You have a good talker, a good wrestler, and a good "looker". You have the two necessary components required for a compelling character, plus one extra that certainly doesn't hurt, all in one group. Now, Seth has nobody to speak for him and continues to spout the same "LOOK AT ME I'M SO DOUCHEY, GUYS" shtick that he's been pulling since his turn, Dean is lacking in the ring (mainly due to the restrictions that are on his crazy Moxley shit that he used to do), and Reigns is flopping around gasping for air (literally; dude gets gassed quickly) like a fish out of the water that kept him alive. That said, I'll still support Seth and Dean, because they're too good at their respective jobs to dismiss as "bad" by any means.

Slightly off-topic, but the same goes for the Wyatts. Most interesting stable to come along for YEARS upon YEARS, but all they did was piss about with a few midcarders, do the "Bryan is a traitor" storyline, and get mercilessly fucked by Cena. Now, all three of them have managed to become even more directionless than before. Ironically, Rowan, the one who everyone said would be hit the hardest by a break-up, is the only one to gain anything out of this; an okay theme song (that isn't nearly good as Broken Out In Love, but whatever), and something vaguely resembling character development for the better part of three weeks. Harper got, what, a new titantron? Bray got absolutely jack fucking shit, unless you count "the lack of giant scary guys standing behind him and creeping you out" as something.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts