1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
Re: Do you think the Rock and HHH are really good friends now?

What a total wanker HHH is with his midnight work outs.

No they wouldn't be good friends, just acting nice on twitter. HHH is probably trying to get him back for another Mania match.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts

I think it was Triple H who always consider The Rock as the roadblock when he want go to the top in late 90's, HBK want shove him to become next top guy along with Austin but Vince prefer The Rock, can't blame Vince on this situation, The Rock was eye-catching after he changed his character in 97 while Triple H more like HBK wingman and didn't have charisma as leader to fill HBK shoes.

On The Rock side, even he maybe know Triple H have obsession to become next top guy, but Dwayne never thought it was bad deed, he took it as challenge. Dwayne even admired how eager Triple H was, from wake-up earlier then hit the gym so he can be more prepare before the show, Dwayne show a respect to Triple H work ethic. I guess The Rock never have problem with Hunter,if he do, Dwayne absolutely refuse to put over Hunter at WM16 like Austin who unwilling to get pinned from Triple H at SummerSlam 99.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Rock is like that with everyone. Look at Cena. He acknowledges the past heat, moves on when it's over. He's the anti Bret Hart.

Michaels was the exception but he disrespected his grandma. Shawn had to make right with her and I believe he did at the HoF a decade back.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts

Define "friends". Do they hang out together? I doubt it. Do they have a good relationship and mutual respect? Sure.

There's no competition now, they both achieved what they truly wanted. Rock wanted to get to the top of Hollywood, Hunter wanted to get to the top of pro wrestling. Both goals were accomplished so there's no need for jealousy or competitive beef anymore.

·
Premium Member
14,966 Posts

I wouldn't say they're friends but I seriously doubt there's any heat there or has been in nearly 20 years. And obviously, that heat was one sided.

Can't imagine Triple H would have that same level of resentment today or anywhere close to it, as both achieved respective success in what they set out to do. Life worked out great for both. Nothing to be bitter about.

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts

To this day, I'm still bummed we've never gotten a match between those Rock and HBK, because of their issue. All those Triple H matches and not a single one with Shawn.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

Good friends is a stretch. They have mutual respect for each other I would assume. But they are not good or close friends.

·
Registered
12,870 Posts

Friends? No.

Enemies, Rivals, or any synonym therein? Also no.

But really what do we know.

For all we know they go over each others houses every weekend and play scrabble.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts

Flair, who is very close to HHH, recently said that they still don't like each other.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
They've both grown up and moved past all the past BS. It actually does happen. A more mature head is developed. Rock and HHH both got what they wanted in the end and are both happy for it. No point changing the past.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Are they friends like HHH is with Shawn Michaels?? NO. Do they have a cordial relationship and not want to outdo the other and may go out to dinner together the few times they see each other: YES.

It is understandable that though they worked together many times and made a ton of money together that there would be animosity and/or jealousy. First, if the story is true (which Bret Hart even mentioned in his book) about Hunter and Shawn trying to bury him, I can understand Rock not caring for him back in the day. From Hunter's perspective, he was there for a year and a half before Rock got there and had an "in" being in The Clique, it had to burn him that Rock got pushed ahead of him.Then, of course, when he met Rock at the top of the card, he would want to establish himself as the top guy...especially when Austin went down for almost a full year.

Now, Rock has made himself a megastar outside of wrestling and HHH has a high position in WWE and is even part of the McMahon Family. They are not in their 20's trying to jockey for position, they are set for life. Also, now that Triple H is on the business side of things he knows how much Rock he knows how much Rock boosts business when he is around. So, now that they are not battling each other in kayfabe or real life, they obviously have grown to generally like and appreciate each other as they needed each other to rise up the ranks and that is nice.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Pretty sure Rock jabbed at Hunter when they were doing the Paige movie and he called CM Punk's phone in front of a live crowd. I kind of see a level of respect as peers but Hunter strikes me as a bit of a snake who will buddy up to whoever is catching on at any particular moment.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
If their is any hate and resentment, it's from HHH. Rock is infinitely more talented and successful than HHH, both in wrestling and outside of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts