Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nah, well not when there would be a total of 9 members. Maybe they could after a short while and get shot of the deadwood. They could maybe then take over both shows. Would prefare them to stay on their brands though tbh.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Probably not. I still firmly believe that the Nexus are going to be permanently disbanded at WrestleMania 27. No idea about The Corre, however, they could have a longer shelf life, which would explain why the WWE went to the trouble of getting new music for them, even when the previous theme Nexus no longer uses fits the group PERFECTLY, "We Are One" (mind you I'd rather have the new theme...) and they could've used that.

The groups are totally different. For The Corre, it's about trying to establish every member of the group as a valuable component. For Nexus, it's about taking 4 unbelievably green, poor talents and placing them under the leadership of the master of today's wrestling industry and praying to God that he can get them over.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I hope they both disband and get rid of this warn out storyline for good.

Wade Barrett is now an established star, he doesn't need a group now. CM Punk is good enough to get himself over without a group, so why must we watch these terrible, green superstars every week do the same crap week in week out?

·
Registered
934 Posts
No I think the Corre will stick around on Smackdown for a while

While NN will probably be the central focus of Raw on TR2WM and implode in the process

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hopefully no.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
something stupid is going to happen where cena is one of the last remaining members in the royal rumble until the next count down ..both CM punk and barret will look at one another smiling as they all come together to get cena out..time goes up and him and triple H clear half the ring only leaving cena,cm punk,triple h, Barret... i can see something odd like that happening

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
The groups are totally different. For The Corre, it's about trying to establish every member of the group as a valuable component. For Nexus, it's about taking 4 unbelievably green, poor talents and placing them under the leadership of the master of today's wrestling industry and praying to God that he can get them over.
Why WWE thinks that being at Punk's side can get guys like Harris over when it didn't work for the far more experienced and talented SES guys (Gallows and Mercury) I'll never know.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Why WWE thinks that being at Punk's side can get guys like Harris over when it didn't work for the far more experienced and talented SES guys (Gallows and Mercury) I'll never know.
Well, for starters, SmackDown is a totally different game than Raw. There's far more exposure on Raw. Besides that, WWE has actually committed massive air time into Nexus and ensured that the group is almost never out of sight. That was never the case with the SES. The SES was just a filler group that the WWE invented so that they could continue Punk's character at the time after Jeff Hardy quit the company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts