Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year the cell was barly touched in the Hell in a Cell matches. Theres was barely any weapons used and the cell wasn't even incorperated into the matches except for a little in the DX vs Legacy match, These matches don't even compare to the last good Hell in a Cell Match which was last years Edge vs Undertaker.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But its called Hell in a Cell... Last year they were only refering to them as cell matches.. :p so maybe by saying Hell again means that they will be more like the old Hell in a cell matches. Just minus the blood. I mean with Kane and Taker being in a Hell in a cell Match is a big deal. They better not ruin it by just having Taker squash Kane and not use weapons or the cell in anyway.

·
Registered
837 Posts
It will probably be used more than in a cage match but no where near the extent that it used to be. I'm surprised that they actually still call it Hell in a Cell. I'm guessing next year it will be called "Super Cage."

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hopefully. Last year was a bit of a joke really as none of the matches really used the Cell. Obviously we're not going to have blood, which I don't have a problem with usually but could be a problem in these matches, though they should at least try and make the match look a big deal by doing something.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hopefully. Last year was a bit of a joke really as none of the matches really used the Cell. Obviously we're not going to have blood, which I don't have a problem with usually but could be a problem in these matches, though they should at least try and make the match look a big deal by doing something.
Thats kinda hard to do considering theres two matches in one night with really only one Hell in a Cell pro.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lmao.. Wrestling in a Cell Match. The cell is used so little they should just have a normal match and tell us to imagine that thers a cell surrounding the ring

·
1,817 Posts
I want to see an RKO through the top of the cell!

Kids don't find hell in a cells on the streets so why shouldn't they be used?

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
What can they do that hasn't been done before?

Thats maybe why they don't use the cell much, so it feels fresh when they do use it

·
Registered
559 Posts
they need something big to happen tonight, or else this ppv might as well go die. im talking something thats never been done. idk what

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they need something big to happen tonight, or else this ppv might as well go die. im talking something thats never been done. idk what
I agree with that. This ppv had 2 weeks of hype, They didn't do a super job at hyping half the matches, probably just because they didn't have time. But this ppv should go die if something special doesn't happen. 5 matches.. one's a divas match so you might aswell say 4 matches.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think Sheamus will get thrown into the cell once, and maybe kicked from the edge of the ring and fall ontp the Cell, But that's it. After that they will be dodging the Cell like it's plastered in Hot Rocks

·
Registered
24 Posts
It just seems like a waste of an idea if they don't use the cell.
I took the impression that they made this PPV to appeal to older fans and not the kids, as Hell in a cell is considered such a big deal, and a legendary match.
So if Sheamus stumbles into the cage and Kane gets a bang on the head it'd be a waste.
The HIAC match with Kane and Taker is the first time this feud has really interested me tbh.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,595 Posts
To me the whole HIAC PPV idea is a perfect example of backwards thiking, they took away everything that made the matches special and then decided to build a whole PPV around it. It's completely nonsensical. What sold the cell matches was violence, brutality, and usually that the feud surrouding the match would be well built and mean something.

Now it's just that when the PPV rolls around we get 2 cell matches (which completely kills the specialness of the gimmick) and whoever's in the title feud is gonna be in the cell match. Now granted it just so happens that both Orton/Sheamus and Taker/Kane have pretty lengthy histories, but the way it's constructed it's more like they're just having a cell match for the title rather than it being about the feud and the history of the 2 men. (Taker/Kane works, but still it's probably not even the blowoff to this feud)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Pathetic just use the reputation and the history of the cell to sell ppv buyrates when in truth they have no wish to give us a hell in a cell match i think its just put their around the ring like an attraction, edge and undertaker in 2008 did very well that felt like cell match , oh and give me a cage match over this wwe hell in a cell match anyday at least its closer to the ring and will actually get used.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have to admit, they did an okay job with using the cell. It wasn't spectacular. But it was descent. They had a fair amount of usage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts