Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think 90% yes especially with the leak of possible Stone Cold vs Roman Reigns match by fightful

I think the only reason he wasn't there at Raw 30 is because he will enter the Royal Rumble

Otherwise why would the biggest star in Raw history won't be there at 30th anniversary
Your opinion?

· Registered
10,293 Posts
I dunno the prospect of a broken nearly sixty year old Steve Austin wrestling matches doesn't excite me all that much. In the moment of course is a different story the punch, kick, walk, repeat fest from last year's was fine and entertaining for what it was(he definitely requires the people he's going to work with to show a lot of ass like Owens did).

He'll probably be involved in something at the Rumble but I don't want him in the match itself.

· Registered
292 Posts
I dunno the prospect of a broken nearly sixty year old Steve Austin wrestling matches doesn't excite me all that much. In the moment of course is a different story the punch, kick, walk, repeat fest from last year's was fine and entertaining for what it was(he definitely requires the people he's going to work with to show a lot of ass like Owens did).

He'll probably be involved in something at the Rumble but I don't want him in the match itself.
They'll book him as a referee then book a possible match from that. Hopefully he won't sheriff the match. This vid was actually pretty funny. I encourage you all to check it in it's entirety

· Registered
4,610 Posts
I think 90% yes especially with the leak of possible Stone Cold vs Roman Reigns match by fightful

I think the only reason he wasn't there at Raw 30 is because he will enter the Royal Rumble

Otherwise why would the biggest star in Raw history won't be there at 30th anniversary
Your opinion?
I don't think he'll be in the Rumble, no. Based on all recent rumors, I'd say there's a small chance yes, but ~10%, definitely not 90%.

Austin is the biggest star in history (excluding Hogan let's say, whose much older). If he returns, it's to win - so if he is in rumble, he will win.

I think if they want Stone Cold involved at mania this year in a match (not Reigns/title, something else) - that's another reason to keep him off Raw XXX. Don't spoil an Austin presence on Raw XXX when they're not yet ready to kickoff a WM build, since the show is loaded with legends anyways...maybe they're saving his return on Raw for closer to mania to make it more special.

Also - it seems all previous raw anniversary shows have been centered on Austin...it always seems to end with Austin stunning vince - and sometimes his family too - for old time's sake. As much fun as that is, it's been done too often, probably not a bad thing to keep him off Raw XXX and keep him fresh for a potential mania program.

· Registered
2,182 Posts
It would be crazy in a vacuum. Especially if they were able to get him multiple dates leading up to Mania. Still, you hotshot something like that and then when he’s not around thereafter it kind of hampers your business. But then again, if you don’t do it now, you may never get another chance in this lifetime. Would be very cool to see, but I think they should stay the course with the Cody plans.

· Registered
863 Posts
I think it is definitely possible that he will be at the show, but I doubt that he´ll be a surprise entrant, because what sense does it make really?
He won´t win it anyway so why waste that on a Rumble match.

· Registered
214 Posts
He surely ain't looking jacked just for no special reason, he ain't taking any part in Mr. Olympia, so of course he will be a surprise entrant. He may win it as well, you never know. Austin vs Reigns would be a spectacle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts