Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With some of the NXT guys moving to SD and some of the FCW's top guys coming to SD also, do you think it's a possibilty that NXT and SD will merge leaving FCW as the NXT for young wrestlers when the "Network" starts?

If so how do you see this affecting the SD roster and will it be any good?

·
Registered
24 Posts
With some of the NXT guys moving to SD and some of the FCW's top guys coming to SD also, do you think it's a possibilty that NXT and SD will merge leaving FCW as the NXT for young wrestlers when the "Network" starts?

If so how do you see this affecting the SD roster and will it be any good?
Im surprised NXT is stll being produced to begin with. I dont even see a lot of good talent on that show. There is better talent in FCW.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Nope nope nope nope nope, I'd absolute hate this. The Smackdown roster may be thin, but I feel they could invest their time with Smackdown, that they have plenty of, actually giving the newer guys a decent amount of time and exposure, rather than have endless recaps and video packages.

If NXT merged with Smackdown it'd end with a lot of talented guys doing absolutely nothing and probably getting fired because they'd have no plans for them or time for them on one show. At least on NXT they get a chance to perform in front of a crowd and get written in storylines, even if very few people watch.

Besides, NXT is very good at the moment. I'd be a sad panda if it disappeared.

·
Registered
222 Posts
No. They ditched the idea of NXT being a competition and now it's essentially ECW-lite for newer talent. I think WWE still needs that unless they're satisfied with FCW being the main choice of grooming future superstars.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
I think NXT has become the unofficial third C-show brand of WWE. Within the year, NXT should be televised either on the WWE Network or somewhere else and that will solidify its placement. The roster should be divided in a way where talent progresses from NXT to Smackdown to Raw with NXT being the entry point and Raw being the final point. So both brands are needed and if anything, we should see more movement from NXT to Smackdown or Smackdown to NXT.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If they every make the WWE Network, I'd say no, but if we don't see the Network by the end of the year. I can see NXT turning into another Heat or Velocity and I would bet they'd make a deal with Youtube, and show both NXT and FCW live on Youtube events, like they did with Miz and Santino this past Sunday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts