Wrestling Forum banner

Should the Authority have waited to call Sasha to the main roster ?

• Yes

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all see what is happening in the DIVAS Revolution right now. Everything is falling apart from the looks of it. I think the Authority made a huge mistake calling Sasha along with Charlotte and Becky. It ruined everything.

Had Sasha been still in NXT then the Authority would have build a much better line up for the Divas.

We all saw how Sasha was unable to compete two nights in a row. The reason Summer Slam match was so full of shit was because Sasha got eliminated first because she was feeling really sore from the night before Epic encounter with Bayley. I'm not blaming her or anything. She's not a super athlete, she's a women and everyone has limits. She's out performing women twice her size and strength.

I just feel that her call up was pre-mature. She should have stayed in NXT until her feud with Baley ends. Her call then would be even better, debuting alone and taking the Main Roster by Storm.

Can't blame anyone in WWE. They thought it was time to step up the game. Sadly it didn't happen. I hope she ends her NXT career after Takeover this week and then the Authority give her a much better booking because no one wants the crowd to chant "We Want Sahsa" in every match.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Despite the revolution tanking hard, it hasn't made Charlotte, Becky or Sasha look weak at all. I don't think either of the call up has been premature, we just need to give it time before they're all pushed properly, and we know Banks is going to be pushed hard as a future WWE Divas Champion.

The E didn't want to make the current main roster look weak at all by having three developmental women take over and make the entire diva's division look like bitches. Sasha's time will come, and she has proven that she was 100% ready when she was brought up to the main roster.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not at all. A woman of her talent deserves a spot at the top of both promotions honestly. She's criminally underused on main roster anyway, at least she gets the better paycheck while keeping NXT strong.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree. Her debut with Charlotte and Becky was not bad, I would say very very not bad. Everybody liked it but then went to a real nonsense with these commandos and everything somehow slept on there. And yes they all three had been to debut separately scope for the development of the personality on the big screen. And since they are so faded on the main show I do not know. And it's very sad. The only true solution is to break up groups and give them to show themselves alone. And the authority itself has brought them to a standstill ...

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,398 Posts
Charlotte? Yes. Becky? Yes. Sasha? No. Sasha's call up wasn't premature, she could have benefitted more from a solo call up but she's ready for the main roster and WWE are keeping SashaWinsLOL going strong, has she been pinned or tapped once on the main roster? I'm a fan of hers but considering she isn't doing nothing but the WWE are super protecting her means her call up wasn't premature. They have plans for her future and are sacrificing the other Divas present for it.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Despite the revolution tanking hard, it hasn't made Charlotte, Becky or Sasha look weak at all. I don't think either of the call up has been premature, we just need to give it time before they're all pushed properly, and we know Banks is going to be pushed hard as a future WWE Divas Champion.

The E didn't want to make the current main roster look weak at all by having three developmental women take over and make the entire diva's division look like bitches. Sasha's time will come, and she has proven that she was 100% ready when she was brought up to the main roster.
Not at all. A woman of her talent deserves a spot at the top of both promotions honestly. She's criminally underused on main roster anyway, at least she gets the better paycheck while keeping NXT strong.
I agree. Her debut with Charlotte and Becky was not bad, I would say very very not bad. Everybody liked it but then went to a real nonsense with these commandos and everything somehow slept on there. And yes they all three had been to debut separately scope for the development of the personality on the big screen. And since they are so faded on the main show I do not know. And it's very sad. The only true solution is to break up groups and give them to show themselves alone. And the authority itself has brought them to a standstill ...
Charlotte? Yes. Becky? Yes. Sasha? No. Sasha's call up wasn't premature, she could have benefitted more from a solo call up but she's ready for the main roster and WWE are keeping SashaWinsLOL going strong, has she been pinned or tapped once on the main roster? I'm a fan of hers but considering she isn't doing nothing but the WWE are super protecting her means her call up wasn't premature. They have plans for her future and are sacrificing the other Divas present for it.
I'm not saying she didn't deserve it. I'm saying she's been underused and it would have been better for her and the Revolution if she debuted alone.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
No. The NXT call-ups were needed so that fans could see them and get used to them. There was a long period of time in 2014 where Sasha Banks was barely used and didn't even have her first takeover until like, a 2 years into her time. Then she went on and complained about how Charlotte and Paige were getting all the air time.

So we're doing it all over again on the main roster.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
As long as they protect her, and they have because she hasn't been pinned or submitted yet on WWE TV, then I'm ok with her being called up.

Once Nikki gets the hell out of the way we can have Charlotte v Sasha at WrestleMania 32, which I think is the right choice, and hopefully the teams and the alliances are out the window and it's all against all which it should have been since the start

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
With things how they are, maybe. Probably, even.

But it's nothing to do with Sasha not being ready. It's just that the main roster is such a mess of bad booking and terrible ideas. And maybe even one or two current ladies who could benefit the product the most by just leaving.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
I couldn't agree more with this, good points made.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The call up wasn't premature... It's just the creative sucks. I wish Vince would just tell these writers to fuck off and give the women's division to Finlay and Del Rey and tell them to do something with it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
The shitty Divas' Revolution angle could've easily been done without Sasha, there's a ready-made story there with Paige getting help to fight the Bellas. Sasha debuting post-Survivor Series with the aim of winning the belt at Wrestlemania would've been fine.

Debuting all three ladies at once has hurt them since you can only push one at a time and I'm really bummed for Becky as she's an exceptional technical wrestler (probably the best in about 20 years) but she's got no character/match time at this point. Charlotte got the title, Sasha gets to put on MOTY candidates on NXT.

I'm meandering here but I think Sasha's call-up was premature, not because she isn't ready - we all know she's incredible, but because of how it squeezed in too many women into the main roster storyline while taking away the best heel in NXT.

·
Hi
118 Posts
Absolutely not. I do agree that the divas division is a bit over crowded for the amount of TV time, but Sasha deserves to be on the main roster, plain and simple. Weed out people like Alicia Fox and the Bellas, even Naomi and Tamina, and the divas division would be fine.

By weed out, I mean cut their television time and matches, not completely axe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts