Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I think we might be a bit too late for that one. Had all this stuff about him being being stranded by TNA in the UK happened 2-3 months ago we could've well of seen a Wrestlemania match out of him. It's probably too late to incorporate him into a program now, think he's possibly done if he can't sort out the shit with TNA.

On a side note, Ric Flair as the GM would be hilarious.

WRESTLING GAWD!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm not sure that I would want him to be back in all honesty. Did his farewell ceremony not provide a fitting? I appreciate that his 'retirement' from the WWE ring is a bit of a moot point seeing as he crossed over to TNA, but I think he would be doing a disservice to both himself and the wrestling promotion to have him have another match at Wrestlemania.

But of course, being the legend that he is, he still of course will have his place. But if would be good if it were just in a non-wrestling capacity.

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you guys also think they are still hurt by him leaving the way he did cuz they did that retirement for him?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think subconsciously Vinnie Mac is still hurt a bit. Loyalty is apparently very important to him, but more so than that, I think Flair jumping ship would have hurt his ego. That said, I'm sure that in a few years time when the dust settles he will be able to forgive and forget.

Any good businessman must have thick skin if there is money to be made from burying the hatchet and moving on from the past. Vince understands this. If he could patch things up with Bret Hart after the Montreal Screwjob, conveniently forgetting Flair's time with TNA will be a piece of cake for him.

·
Banned
858 Posts
I think subconsciously Vinnie Mac is still hurt a bit. Loyalty is apparently very important to him, but more so than that, I think Flair jumping ship would have hurt his ego. That said, I'm sure that in a few years time when the dust settles he will be able to forgive and forget.

Any good businessman must have thick skin if there is money to be made from burying the hatchet and moving on from the past. Vince understands this. If he could patch things up with Bret Hart after the Montreal Screwjob, conveniently forgetting Flair's time with TNA will be a piece of cake for him.
Loyalty is important to Vince McMahon? Which orifice of your body has your head been up inside the last 20 years? You've already mentioned the screw-job, he sacks guys who are injured too long, he reneges on his word constantly. Yeah, he's as loyal as Cena is squeaky-clean.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I hope he wont return to the ring. Not even for 1 match... Having Flair as a GM or manager is ok with me... Also I lost respect to him after his goodbye ceremonie and after not long he went to TNA...

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I hope not, he is an old man now. Plus he disrespected WWE and spat in everyones faces who supported him when they came and gave his farewell and then he appeared in TNA

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
Not as a wrestler. WWE seems to be pretty convinced that his match with HBK will be his last in that company. As a GM or something? Maybe.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
A non-wrestling role is possible, but they'll never let him have an actual match in WWE again. Ever. Retirement matches used to be meaningless in pro wrestling, but WWE (with guys like Flair and Michaels) seem to want the retirement stipulation to actually mean something. As it should.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't think so. He had his goodbye and that should have been it. However, I like the guy and it saddens me to see such a legend rotting in TNA. I would rather have him on WWE TV again than to continue to embarass himself in TNA.

·
Registered
859 Posts
IM A GAWDDDD GAWWDDD
GAWWWDDD

GAAAWWWDD
IAM WRESTLING...a GAAWDD!WOOOOOOO!GGAWDD
GGAWD!

edit

SHUT YOUR MOUTH FATBOY!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I don't think so... WWE is now pushing younger stars, they don't need the nature boy.
And what's the WWE title match at the next the PPV, again?

I'd rather have Flair be in that title match, than an overrated legend who is going to mostly be known for commentary than in ring work.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Retirement matches used to be meaningless in pro wrestling, but WWE (with guys like Flair and Michaels) seem to want the retirement stipulation to actually mean something. As it should.
You realize how many times Mick Foley "retired" under the WWE storylines? And most recently John Cena's "fired" storyline? Poor argument as WWE (like every promotion) doesn't want the retirement stipulation to mean anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts