Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, as I had a bit of time away from WWE, i've come back noticing just how well RAW is doing in the sense of it catering to every fan (personally I find Smackdown far too immature). Do you agree? Or, taking into the PG rating, what else would you like to see within PG guidelines to take Raw to it's all time peak?

Cheers, will be great to hear from you all.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
Re: Do you think Raw has found the right "mix" in keeping hardcore & new/kids fans ha

People don't realise kids are happy with almost anything.
I have a little brother (6 years old)
He always goes away happy, his favourite wrestler is CM Punk.... If Punk loses he does't moan about the loss. He just thinks that the person who beat him must be a better wrestler. etc

They see things completely different to everyone else.

I think the WWE is fine right now.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Re: Do you think Raw has found the right "mix" in keeping hardcore & new/kids fans ha

I think you hit the nail on the head. There are a few things that I find way too immature on Raw, but overall I think everyone is being catered too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

@The Rebel

I think it's great that your brother's enjoying it, and to be honest I think you're absolutely right, they're fine with anything. But for you, (as I can't remember the last time I saw a bra and panties match....guilty!). I know you describe it as "fine", but would you like to see more of certain aspects? and vice versa on aspects your not keen on?

·
Banned
6,531 Posts

Except a few flaws like Punk/Jericho not being the main feud, WWE is awesome right now.

·
Registered
967 Posts

Except a few flaws like Punk/Jericho not being the main feud, WWE is awesome right now.
I would agree with this. I have been dis interested in Raw for ages. But since the return of Brock and the Jericho/ Punk feud building momentum I have found myself getting back into Raw. The return of Albert (Lord Tensai) has been fantastic as well it was good to see him going over Cena at Raw in London last week

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

Definitely. It's like almost Attitude mixed with almost PG era.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts

I think WWE are doing an awesome job of giving us a balanced mixture on Raw. They've got the fans of my generation ecstatic with the Lesnar stuff (and before that the Rock, Taker, HHH stuff.) They've got Santino and Cena who the kids love. They have Brodus Clay as light entertainment for the entire fanbase. They have the hot women for the perves, 3 Stooges for the older fans etc etc.

They have all bases covered at the moment and I'm freaking loving it. I also like the mix of returning older stars with proven track records and strong casual fan base to bring fans back to the show. They have a nice crop of current guys who the fans enjoy and are also debuting new guys like Ryback, Sandow and AW showing that they're still building towards the future.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

I don't think its "mixed" at all, more like confusing. It must be a transition period. There are no drops of "attitude" but they are moving back towards a more aggressive product (at least as far as brock/cena is concerned).

The E has always had too many facets to be tied down but it was the booking & timing of the goofy characters, angles and storylines that separated the eras.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts

one problem.

Less kids are watching wrestling than ever.

The adult demo is slowly dwindling aswell.

So no i don't think they've got the right mix considering the product is poor.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts

I think they're in the right area for old and young, but they could afford to push it a little more adult. Kids deserve slightly more credit than the entertainment industry currently gives them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

@Cliffy Byro

Interesting.....do you have any links to articles backing up your evidence? (Not bashing you, I'm genuinely intrigued.)

Also, while we're here, just how well is WWE doing in it's current state? I know it made 64 million dollars from Wrestlemania, so to put that in perspective, is it still doing as well as say....10 years ago?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

They are trying but until ratings and buyrates and the overall product drastically improves they haven't found the right mix. They shouldn't be pandering so much to kids anyway when their show comes on from 9-11pm.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts

I'm not sure if you can appeal to both crowds at the same time without hurting your product.

Look at Sheamus v Bryan. Pending the crowd Sheamus becomes the defacto bad guy. He's already getting the John Cena treatment and Cena is really the only in the company that can withstand that type of reaction.

You just can't have Hulkamania and Stone Cold running around at the same time.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

I think they can do that. Have the main guys appealing to the hardcore fans, and other guys appealing to the kids.

Look at someone like Rey Mysterio. He was rarely in the main event, but the kids loved him.

They'll need 1-2 main guys who appeal to the kids(like Cena) but they'll also need majority of those main guys to appeal to the older fans.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts

They're certainly doing a better job of it lately. They're doing a good job of maintaining a (mostly) family-friendly program while avoiding treating EVERYONE like they're five. They're giving us serious feuds like Cena/Lesnar and Punk/Jericho while keeping lighter bits like whenever Santino is on screen. It still seems like a work in progress, but I think they're in a good place right now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

They're certainly doing a better job of it lately. They're doing a good job of maintaining a (mostly) family-friendly program while avoiding treating EVERYONE like they're five. They're giving us serious feuds like Cena/Lesnar and Punk/Jericho while keeping lighter bits like whenever Santino is on screen. It still seems like a work in progress, but I think they're in a good place right now.

100% Agree with you, great post. The term "Work in progress" is bang on.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts

I don't think having a more adult, edgy product alienated kids in the first place. Kids will like it no matter what. Once they hit 5th grade or so, they can probably figure it out and enjoy a more adult show. They are just trying to placate parents who want to 'protect the children'. Their flagship show is a 9:00 at night, most of the little 'impressionable' kids are in bed anyway.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Yeah things are looking lot more positive since last summer of Punk WWE is back on track and they are now discovering that they could do lot of thing with PG regulation too.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts

Yes for the first time in a long time the appear to be giving all types of fans what they want.

From main event supermen main stays(Cena/Orton) alternative top guys (Punk/Bryan).
Brining back legends (Brock, HBK, The Rock)
Kids characters Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio, Kofi, Hornswoggle.
An impressive and improving mid card Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett etc.
And trying to blood some new talent with impressive backgrounds Ambrose, Ryback, Chirs Hero and Cessero.

Making an effort with every PPV and trying to actually build them.

Not to mention another 30 guys on the roster.

When WWE pull the trigger on a few more of these mid card guys then I think we will have a very impressive WWE.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts