Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read Cm Punk and Del Rio are suppose to feud for the strap, but it's clear that Del Rio doesn't entertain the masses. John Cena did nothing for the dude even thou his heel status was boss. So I ask, do you think if revealed as a corporate champ for Vince and a faction, do you think Punk vs Rio can put you in your seats and enjoy it? I am not talking about Punk constantly killing Del Rio's cred, I am talking about both of these 2 making each other look great, like HHH and Rock's feud.

What do you think?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Punk is hard to understand. How is he a face... And Awesome Truth heels?

What would ADR do to piss Punk off? Can't think of it. Are we going to have another feud with no reason behind it or fuel?
Working under Vince, who might have been pulling the strings the whole time, and being a possible corporate champ, maybe. Many clues might be noticeable, Vince tried to make Del Rio cash in on Punk, failed. Someone wanted Del Rio to be champ @ SS and it happened, I also took hint when Rio said he prayed that Vince was still running things. Yes, I am looking deep into this angle, it's very interesting.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Sure, but can whoever is behind the "conspiracy" carry ADR to some heat? They've tried just about everything with him except something that actually works.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it will work.

both Punk & Del Rio are talented wrestlers but the problem is Punk is not really an effective babyface.

He needs more time imo.
The fans need a reason to get behind him, Del Rio continuing to be a dominant heel while feuding with Punk, and Punk selling it like a million bucks would do wonders.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
ADR has been booked terribly as a heel. He's more of an inconvenience than a heel. He doesn't do anything really heel-ish. Smacking a personal ring announcer, standing next to 4 other heels, cashing in MITB, and calling Rey Mysterio a chihuahua isn't really going to get any heat. He comes out in his fancy cars, walking with Mr. Perfect's towel around his neck, and smiles like he's on the price is right.

He's like a comedy act but you're supposed to take him seriously.

My personal opinion: he smiles too much and acts more like a narcissist. That's the lamest kind of heel. If you want attention as a heel, go the R-truth, Mark Henry, and Miz route. Those are heels and heat magnets. Look at them and then look at ADR. He calls you a bump, a chihuahua, and speak spanish to you.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Their feud is gonna go like this, Punk will be the guy who wanted change and ADR will be the guy who wants to keep everything like it is.
ADR with Vince and all his power and Punk the lonewolf guy with everything against him.

I think it'll be like this too Punk will carry ADR in the Promos but ADR will carry Punk in the matches to an extent. ADR is better wrestler.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Del Rio doesn't need to be carried. The crowd may not pop for him, but that doesn't take away from his ring-work. They will have quality matches, it's just the future promos leading up to their matches that might make me cringe (Del Rio's to be exact).

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
You want to build Del Rio up, he's got to tap out the babyfaces, never mind if he soften ups the faces with a steel chair first, but he needs to be able to show the world that the cross armbreaker CAN beat the top faces. Cena tapping out clean at NoC would have made ADR's main-event status permanent, while illegal interference leading to Cena tapping out would still give Del Rio a huge boost in credibility. Sadly that didn't happen but that needs to happen soon.

How is Del Rio a threat if he can't win big matches with his finisher

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You want to build Del Rio up, he's got to tap out the babyfaces, never mind if he soften ups the faces with a steel chair first, but he needs to be able to show the world that the cross armbreaker CAN beat the top faces. Cena tapping out clean at NoC would have made ADR's main-event status permanent, while illegal interference leading to Cena tapping out would still give Del Rio a huge boost in credibility. Sadly that didn't happen but that needs to happen soon.

How is Del Rio a threat if he can't win big matches with his finisher
they could have at least have him cash in the brief case, put Punk in the arm breaker, but still have Punk try to fight it desperately, but to no avail. But it was just a simple uninteresting kick after everybody's attention was on Nash, Del Rio did nothing to make his win look special in the least. I feel in a feud with Punk, Punk can re build Rio's major heel cred, and help himself build a better babyface character by doing work, up against a heel faction. If you want, you can sort of relate it to Kofi taking on the legacy, I was beginning to enjoy that a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts