• Yes

Votes: 22 24.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing football (American) with some friends today and a friend brought a new guy.
He said he wanted to play with us every week so I was like "Sure , I'll let you know every week on facebook"
And he's like "I don't have a facebook"
I was just like ohhhh , but really was like WTF man, I remember 1998.

Weird

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Honestly, it's not like they're missing much.

Handy for keeping in touch and making plans and stuff, but beyond that it's just a big place for everyone to scream LOOK AT ME!!!!!!.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
^^^^^^^

the way they type and what they type is the worst thing ever too.
"love you"
"no i love u"
"no i liove u"
"haha u log off forst"
"no u loh off firdt!!!!!"
"love u"
"haha seeya".

^these are two friends btw.

AH.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
Yes, IMO people who are socially awkward don't have them around me.
Lolwut? I don't see how this works at all.

I don't have one, I have my phone/skype to contact friends, don't need a facebook where I have to read loads of bullshit I don't want to.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I don't agree that it's poinless.
I've used it to keep up with tons of high school friends and organize lots of things.
You just create an event and BAM you can invite everyone you know with a few clicks.
Also an important tool to mac on the ladies :cool:

There are too many instances of "like" by the OP.
I can't help it. I grew up in the 90's so "like" if forever embedded into my vocabulary. I do try to tone it down tho.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Actually, I think it's weird when people do. I don't have one, no plans of it either. It's completely pointless.
It's a quick, easy, free way to keep up with people...so it's not exactly pointless. However it is very boring and I can find myself wasting hours on there just talking to people when I should be doing more valuable things with my time like watching paint dry.

·
Amazing
4,242 Posts
I liked the concept when I joined, however you learn fast that most of it and the people who are always using are garbage.

I keep in touch with real close friends by calling or texting. I rarely have anything to say to an acquaintance other than happy birthday. I actually think facebook is better suited for adults who can reconnect with people they haven't seen in 20 years, not 6 months.

I still have it just because occasionally it can be of good use to check out certain peoples pics, say something of importance etc. But mostly it just steals hours of time from the people who are obsessed with it.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
I had Facebook, that was enough to make me realise what a pile of shit it really is.

All the joining groups, all the attention seeking dicks who have nothing better to do with there time than try and get 4 million friends, most of which they don't know. Its good for keeping in touch with a lot of friends from school but if you were that good friends you'd meet up with them more often rather than just chat over the internet.

Needless to say, I deleted mine.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I used to have facebook account but i deleted it the following few days. It's a complete waste of time, not to mention that there were too many people posted pointless status uptades like every minute!

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
780 Posts
It is weird.. I sincerly hope you don't invite him back to your football game. Don't want those non Facebookers mucking up the pot.

Seriously, it's not that weird. Surprising? A little, everybody and their fucking mother has facebook. Guarantee, half the people who say they don't have a facebook (actually do)

1 - 20 of 125 Posts