Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could see a good feud between these too. They were always hinting that they had issues and I think they didn't give otunga a fair shot. I think it should have been this feud for leadership of Nexus. Which IMO would have made more sense then having someone not involved with nexus at all join in. We could have gained 2 good feuds out of this.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
I could see a good feud between these too. They were always hinting that they had issues and I think they didn't give otunga a fair shot. I think it should have been this feud for leadership of Nexus. Which IMO would have made more sense then having someone not involved with nexus at all join in. We could have gained 2 good feuds out of this.
So now you're saying OTUNGA v. Barrett would have been a good feud? Really? Otunga has hardly been established as an individual yet. Not to mention, he's just a terrible wrestler in general. And Barrett wouldn't get anything out of burying him, how would that help either of them? If Barret wins that feud, ok... Barrett wins. And Otunga is ruined. And if Otunga wins, then none of the push they put behind Barrett means fuck all anymore and Otunga simply slides into his place. There is no benefit to that feud. You need people that are not involved in Nexus to make them stars. They're all new superstars.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't expect Otunga to be established as a individual yet if he hasn't been given a chance to do that and he could have if he had feuded with Wade. What's wrong with me thinking that this could be a good feud? I saw the chem that these 2 wrestlers had and IMO it would have been a entertaining match up. Otunga isn't ruined, what are they doing with him now? Absolutely nothing. SO isn't he ruined anyways regardless? That's why WWE need to give these wrestlers a chance.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
No. Barrett benefitted from leading Nexus. Otunga wouldn't because he's not good enough to be in the main event at any level. His mic skills aren't good enough, his ring skills aren't even close to being good enough and he's nowhere close to the Kayfabe standing of Barrett. If he had tried it with Barrett it would not have ended well for him.

With Punk you've got another leader who can benefit from leading the group and is a believable threat to Barrett.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
You can't expect Otunga to be established as a individual yet if he hasn't been given a chance to do that and he could have if he had feuded with Wade. What's wrong with me thinking that this could be a good feud? I saw the chem that these 2 wrestlers had and IMO it would have been a entertaining match up. Otunga isn't ruined, what are they doing with him now? Absolutely nothing. SO isn't he ruined anyways regardless? That's why WWE need to give these wrestlers a chance.
1.- he was a guest host at RAW when he was NXT rookie, had a tag title match with john cena, had plenty of mic time for the remainder of NXT, had a match with john cena, he lead nexus to smackdown during wade barret's abscense, and even played a "leader" behind barret's back, became tag champ with cena, and even became the spokesperson of nexus

and what has he accomplished after so many oportunities? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, the guy was given tons of chances and yet he can't give a move without risking the other guy during a match, his character isn't impressive, overall... he's just there, he might have a bit notion of mic skills but he's a trainwreck in the ring

2.- they had him cut the promo that led cm punk into nexus's leadership... in fact... THEY GIVE HIM THE MIC ALL THE TIME

barret vs otunga would be a nap time match, let alone the feud

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I disagree that Otunga can't benifit from feuding with Wade and CM Punk already had made a statement in WWE what more does he need?

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
I know where you're coming from OP, but David Otunga dosen't have the tools to be leader like Wade does. If someone like Alex Riley was in Nexus then I would say yes, but Riley isn't and there isn't anyone in Nexus worthy to hold a position of leader.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It did look like they were setting up The Tung vs. Wadey but they probably realised that would've bombed the angle.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah ,Otunga is okay on the mic , Barret is leagues above him on the mic. But Otunga just sucks in the ring. Barret well he doesn't suck in the ring but isn't good neither.

Otunga is nowhere near ready to feud with Barret.They have to put him on superstars or let him work matches with guy's who're good in the ring so he can step up his game.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Who cares about Otunga! Barrett is going to Smackdown anyway, where he will be going in with the Big Show, the Undertaker, Kane, Edge. It's part of his ongoing, fast track, development, having spent the last three months grappling on an impressive learning curve with Randy Orton and John Cena. Otunga is just a jobber, one of a group of guys who are there to support a lead-role personality. Punk has drawn the short straw. Nexus are just a bore, now, who rally cares about another story-line replicating the Barrett/Nexus feud with Cena. Barrett was the leading force when Nexus was new and interesting, and now he is well out of it. It's time for him to move onwards and upwards. Will Otunga be around in WWE in twelve months time? I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
With CM Punk in the spotlight , nexus is pretty much doomed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts