Wrestling Forum banner

Do you think Edge will EVER return for 1 more match?

• I think he will have 1 more run

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I think he will have 1 or 2 more matches

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • He won't wrestle again

Votes: 84 84.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol 12 to 1. I mean, if the WWE saw it as a big money maker, and Edge was offered a good amount of money, why wouldn't it happen? It doesn't have to be a long, brutal match. It can even be a damn tag team match.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
He might in the future, but it's not foreseeable, I voted not ever wrestling again. Edge himself says he won't wrestle again and that his retirement was voluntary.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Some people value their health and life over money. Since Edges career had to end suddenly, then I highly doubt that he will ever be cleared to wrestle again.

I do feel sorry for Edge because every time he makes an appearance he seems to really miss the business, but some times things happen in life that cause you to move to other things. This is the same guy that took a long period of time off the last time that he was injured and he still returned then without being in great shape. So his time was clearly ending soon, it's just sad that it happened this year.

Just like if Austin didn't have all those injuries in the past, then i'm sure we would have seen "1 more match" from him by now as well.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Not only can't he, he also doesn't really want to. Seriously put it out of your mind.

I do feel sorry for Edge because every time he makes an appearance he seems to really miss the business,
I felt like this too. I felt majorly bad for him because, imagine not being able to do the thing you love any more? But then, recently in an interview he said when he was making his entrance at Summerslam he was thinking "ehh... I'd rather be at home."

So I'm glad.

·
Registered
14 Posts
He won't get cleared even if he wanted to but would love to see him face christian

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I think it's too soon to talk about that. Maybe in a couple of years he'll get better and possibly have another match but as it is, he's resting his body from any more physical action. Stone Cold was never thought to physically participate in any more action after his retirement but right now he says that he has two full years in him but prefers to live without risking another injury, though he really wants to push for one more match.

With Edge, it's fully understandable how it'd get so bad. He's a pioneer in the TLC concept and all the ladder and table bumps he's taken has fucked him up bad. It's a good thing he retired before that Alberto del Rio rematch at Extreme Rules. The last thing he needed at a very dangerous state is participation in another ladder match. Shame really...

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Yes, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Edge have the exact same injury (both broke and fused their necks on the same levels, even.) But Edge pointed something out since people were comparing their situations: Stone Cold says he feels fine, but without a doctor's okay it means absolutely nothing.

And I don't think they use the word 'never' lightly. Usually when a doctor says never, it's in your best interest to assume they mean never.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts