Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I respect his work and I'm a fan of his, but does anybody else think people tend to overrate edge after he retired sort of putting him on a legendary pedestal. Do you find it insulting that he won the belt so often within like two years.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
No doubt Edge is a legend. All his accolades and accomplishments should explain why he is a legend. People will argue that those titles he won are meaningless, He won them all so quick, But what he did for the business is great, And hes a future HoF

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I missed how he became 44 time world champion or whatever it is.
Never really bought into him as a main event.
He was in the mid card for so long it was hard for me to see him as a top star.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me too he was only considered a top guy too me when he was with lita.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Without a doubt Edge is a legend. It was sad to watch him go, because he is one of the guys who was in the WWE and actually brought that thrill and talent that the company is in desperate need of.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Same here. I just didn't see it. He was overrated. edge is a mid carder at best. He bored me in the ring and his character wasn't believeable. He sleeps with lita and becomes the rated r superstar whatever :no: Whenever I saw edge I would look at a mid carder and change the channel Click!

·
Cutting promos on other Mc's...
3,118 Posts
I'm personally a fan, but I missed his rise to the top etc (stopped watching in 2002) so I still saw him as a tag team guy winning the title god knows how many times and it was a shock to me. So legend? Not in my eyes tbh...But a great performer? Of course...

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
He was definitely pushed beyond belief towards his end, probably because they needed another super-mega-star. As much as I love Edge when he was on TV, I couldn't care less now that he is gone. Doesn't feel like the WWE is missing anything.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Yes, although the sudden change in people's perception of him after he retired annoys me. He is a legend, but I still didn't enjoy most of his work.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Yes
But not top ten

For a guy with limited talent compared to Austin and Rock,he worked his ass off to be a ten time champion
Retired by defending the championship at WM
Was great tag team wrestler
The greatest heel to John Cena
Most championships ever
Had unforgettable moments like spearing Hardy,the lice celebration

Much more than what Punk can ever achieve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts