Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed Cena signaling the 6 on 1 so I thought what if WWE does one of those angles like they did when JBL hired henchmen to take out The Undertaker. How he picked off one by one until it was just him & JBL. Do you think Cena's gonna pick off members of the Nexus one-by-one until it's just him & Wade Barrett.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^It better not be, because then that means Young is basically done and he went from possibly being in the SES to being eliminated from NXT to being in Nexus to now done

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
I don't think he is out for good but he probably won't make next weeks match.

I really would not care if he was out for good. Out of all the guys in the Nexus he has entertained me the least. He was only remotely interesting on NXT because he was paired with The Straight Edge Savior.

Nexus needs 7 or more people though, so keep him around. Every group needs a jobber. I was worried they were going to give that role to someone like Michael Tarver.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
If "every group needs a jobber," then Darren Young is most certainly NOT that man. Why him, a guy with loads of talent and potential, when it could be David Otunga?

I'm not sure what the message was. It could be many things, which is why we have speculation. It could just be an injuring of Darren Young and increasing Cena's odds for next week. It could be a set-up for Darren Young to finally be incorporated into the SES storyline like he should've been all along. Or it could've just been a major rub for a guy who looks to have a ton of potential.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Since he's the black Cena he'll just no sell the beatdown and show up next week like nothing happened.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
If "every group needs a jobber," then Darren Young is most certainly NOT that man. Why him, a guy with loads of talent and potential, when it could be David Otunga?

I'm not sure what the message was. It could be many things, which is why we have speculation. It could just be an injuring of Darren Young and increasing Cena's odds for next week. It could be a set-up for Darren Young to finally be incorporated into the SES storyline like he should've been all along. Or it could've just been a major rub for a guy who looks to have a ton of potential.
I fail to see where your going with the loads of talent excuse. Darren Young has nothing to offer to the WWE. I have seen some of his FCW stuff and can say I'm not blown away. If anyone has loads of potential to be great in that group it's Wade Barrett.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fail to see where your going with the loads of talent excuse. Darren Young has nothing to offer to the WWE. I have seen some of his FCW stuff and can say I'm not blown away. If anyone has loads of potential to be great in that group it's Wade Barrett.
Michael Tarver has a of potential too.

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
EvoLution™;8591213 said:

While I won't immediately dismiss the notion of Darren Young having "loads of talent and potiental"; I definitely have not seen any redeeming qualities in his NXT and WWE run. Right now I am far from impressed and I see nothing wrong with him being the weak link of Nexus.

anyone has loads of potential to be great in that group it's Wade Barrett.
Michael Tarver has a of potential too.
Now these are statements I can agree with. With the removal of Bryan Danielson from the equation, these two superstars are definitely the gems of the group.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While I won't immediately dismiss the notion of Darren Young having "loads of talent and potiental"; I definitely have not seen any redeeming qualities in his NXT and WWE run. Right now I am far from impressed and I see nothing wrong with him being the weak link of Nexus.
Exactly, out of all of the members in Nexus Darren Young has the worst mic skills but as for in-ring ability, I have to say that he's second to last with Otunga being last. When you botch your own finisher every time then there's definitely a problem.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
If there is a jobber on Nexus, it should be Darren Young, because if anyone has worse mic skills than Otunga, it's Young.

That said, I think we'll see Young back next week.

·
9,856 Posts
The Immortal CJ said:
I never saw that much in FCW either, which is why he made a major believer out of me during his NXT run. I don't know why you're calling it an "excuse." That doesn't make any sense. At all.
nocturnalg said:
Exactly, out of all of the members in Nexus Darren Young has the worst mic skills but as for in-ring ability, I have to say that he's second to last with Otunga being last. When you botch your own finisher every time then there's definitely a problem.
Young's mic skills are superior to Sheffield, Slater, Gabriel, and most definitely Otunga. As far as wrestling ability is concerned, I'd put him above Wade Barrett without even thinking twice. When you mention botching your own finisher, I hope you're referring to Otunga.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Young's mic skills are superior to Sheffield, Slater, Gabriel, and most definitely Otunga. As far as wrestling ability is concerned, I'd put him above Wade Barrett without even thinking twice. When you mention botching your own finisher, I hope you're referring to Otunga.
Are you kidding me? Young stumbles over easy promos. Otunga may sounds like a kid when he talks, but tonight he was able to recite his promo without stuttering through any words.

Gabriel and Slater - eh. I can see your argument there, but Gabriel's one of those guys like Bourne whose mic skills will never be used to get him over. Slater I feel is a bit underrated on the mic and will come into his own in the meantime.

And you must be joking if you think Young is better than Sheffield on the mic. I don't believe that for one millisecond.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EvoLution™;8591334 said:
I was referring to Otunga about botching their finisher but you're joking right about Darren Young have better mic skills then Sheffield, Slater, Gabriel, & Otunga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZNLmQJLmXs

Now I agree what the other person said on how Justin Gabriel is like Evan Bourne & like Kaval, they don't need mic skills to get over. However you cannot sit up here and say that Young didn't talk the worst on the mic out of all 7. Barrett, Tarver, & Otunga have the best mic skills out of all of them.

·
9,856 Posts
Notorious_187 said:
However you cannot sit up here and say that Young didn't talk the worst on the mic out of all 7. Barrett, Tarver, & Otunga have the best mic skills out of all of them.
Umm, yes, I easily can.

Otunga is one of the worst mic workers I've ever heard, period. Sheffield would come next, but only because he can connect with the crowd. Slater is better than him. This is where I'd put Gabriel, who looked very uncomfortable but cut the best promo of his life on his last episode of NXT, and showed a ton of potential.

None of them have ever delivered a better promo than Darren Young. Yeah, I'm saying it. With full confidence.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
link to a decent/best darren young promo on Nxt plz. (out of curiousity, I don't remember anything mind blowing)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I do not understand how anybody can even insinuate Slater not being the worst talker of the group. He is pretty bad as it is in terms of ability, but his voice pushes him into God awful territory. Even face John Morrison is very slightly more bearable than Slater.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Darren Young isn't going to be taken out, yet. He may not show up next week for the handicap match, though.

I will say that I wouldn't miss him if he did go. His SES storyline on NXT was the only thing that kept me interested in him. He has the worst mic-skills, the worst personality / character, and along with David Otunga, the worst ring skills.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts