Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If there has already been a thread on this then sorry. Also I don't mean like now, but like a few years from now.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I think he could do with an IC Championship run, he would need a mid-card singles title run first. Will he get kneepads with the World Title run?

·
Banned
542 Posts
With this Gimmick he has now yes in like 2 to 3 years from now. Needs at least 2 mid card title runs I would love to see his character as a face hey that may be soon since the " Dashing ones " are over.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No....and honestly i only think they broke up as a tag team so Drew can make a run

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I'd hope not considering Dustin is about 1000x more talented than him and isn't built like a skinny 12 year old kid and hasn't won shit.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Dunno, i personally hope he will because he's a very talented wrestler, good mic skill, great charisma, handsome look, but it seems like he's one of these guys who will never make it as the world champion, can't really explain why. I'll be glad to be proven wrong, though.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I don't think so.

He'll be like goldust, Christian or an MVP. An over midcarder and nothing more. He's entertaining though, and that's what's important, not world titles.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What questions seriously? Cody Rhodes has neither the micro, or of sufficient quality for a world title, maybe a U.S. or Intercontinental maybe but not world.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yes. I believed in him when he was on Raw, and I believe in him now. The guy is packed with potential. People talk about his build, but I think it gives him a kind of underdog quality, and it makes him stand out. I mean, TDJ has a traditional wrestling build, and look at how he's done by comparison. And also, it's rather clever that Cody is using this metrosexual gimmick, because it excuses the...um, semi-feminine look.

Frankly, whilst he's a great heel, I think Cody's a natural good guy, and I firmly believe that when the time comes, fans will ralley behind him. He has an amazing likability about him, and that could serve him really well in a feud with, say, Randy Orton...y'know, Candy implodes. :D And of course, that's not forgetting the fact that he's easily one of the best all-rounders they've got right now. He's great in the ring, great on the mic, he's attractive and he can work both roles well.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
He's only 25 I think, so there's still plenty of time for him

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Cody Rhodes can easily be the next CM Punk or Jericho in 5 years if he keeps improving. So yeah, he can win it. He'll mostly job to the stars though, just like Punk and Jericho.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If he gets some damn knee-pads, I say YES!

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
No, I don't think that he will ever get a world title or even a shot at it. He doesn't have the look of a main eventer, nor the charisma. He could become a solid midcarder. Not every youngster on the roster needs to become a main eventer.

·
Super Nexus 64
308 Posts
In order for Cody to become a contender for the world title three things need to happen:
1. He needs to bulk up a little(like orton)
2. He needs to slap on some knee pads already. (He can at least wear them like flair)
3. Lose the nose ring. Its not cool.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts