Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here ever see Christian becoming a well established, HoF worthy, main-eventer on par with Edge? At This point I think there is still hope but in the end I don't see him ever reaching that same level.

The pattern with these tag teams is that usually only one of the partners goes on to do bigger things while the other guy is left to flounder around in the lower card.

Christian seems to fit the latter, why do you think this is? Lack of the same intensity and charisma of Edge? Leaving for TNA then coming back? Not as good of a look? Or do you think he actually will go on to accomplish as much as Edge?

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's too late for multiple world-title wins, but I would break down with joy if he ever won the WWE-title even once.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Too late really. Even then he'll still be regarded as one of the greatest all-around workers in WWE history.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
He's definitely worthy of being in the hall of fame and has had a great career. However no he will never accomplish as much as Edge.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
No.

But he should be.

This guy is the 2nd best mic worker, 2nd best worker, and one of the most charismatic guys on the roster. He's golden. He deserves a hell of a lot more than what they've given him. It's a damn shame that he probably would've never won the world title if Edge didn't have to retire.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think he's definitely going into the hall of fame. I don't think he'll ever be as big as Edge was for sure, but like what was already said, that's not a bad thing. I think if he were to hang it up tomorrow, he's had a solid run, probably made a lot of money, so he can absolutely be called a success.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Hall of Fame for sure but he won't accomplish as much as Edge did. That's nothing to be ashamed of, though. Even some of the all-time greats never accomplished as much as Edge.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
As much as I'd love for the lovable underdog to win. I think Christian can't go any further.
They couldn't even let him hold the WHC for a reasonable amount of time. He's had a great career, not everybody has to have
'Hall of Fame' worthy careers. Unfortunately, he never had that one ingredient that could've made him a big star. Hard to pinpoint really. Edge really took off after the Lita thing. Maybe Christian is just a normal guy lol.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I doubt he'll ever get to where Edge was, but if Christian stays a couple more years then he can get close.

·
Unlimited Potential
3,048 Posts
Does anyone here ever see Christian becoming a well established, HoF worthy, main-eventer on par with Edge? At This point I think there is still hope but in the end I don't see him ever reaching that same level.

The pattern with these tag teams is that usually only one of the partners goes on to do bigger things while the other guy is left to flounder around in the lower card.

Christian seems to fit the latter, why do you think this is? Lack of the same intensity and charisma of Edge? Leaving for TNA then coming back? Not as good of a look? Or do you think he actually will go on to accomplish as much as Edge?
He's already well established and absolutely HOF worthy without doubt. Do I see him as a main-eventer on par with Edge? No I don't. I don't really see the WWE pushing Captain Charisma as heavy as they pushed Edge back then. Maybe has to do with his spell in TNA? Not sure. Personally, I would love to see Christian accomplish a lot more than what he has accomplished now before leaving the squared circle. Guy has worked his ass off and will go down in history as one half of the greatest tag teams ever!

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
He should be, but no. Christian deserves a hell of a lot more than he was given. I wish we could've seen an Edge/Christian ME at Mania.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
No. It's too late, but he will go out as a very respected wrestler, and a future HOF'er. He will be used to elevate the midcard, and put talent over.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
SmackDown

For the love of me I can't understand why people post SmackDown threads in RAW.
More views?
More posts?

ehhhhhhh
Does it even matter? Raw has both Raw and Smackdown wrestlers on it now, so don't trip.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Doubt it which is a shame but you know WWEs mentality when it comes to tag teams unfortunately, there is no way in hell both members of tag teams can achieve success equally god no that would be horrible:

Edge>Christian
Jeff Hardy>Matt Hardy
Shelton Benjamin>Charlie Haas
Bubba Ray>D-Von
Bradshaw>Ron Simmons
Hawk>Animal
HBK>Jennetty (most obvious)
Rene Dupree>Sylvan Greiner
Scotty 2 Hotty>Grandmaster Sexay
Billy Gunn>Road Dogg
Kenny Dykstra>Mikey,Mitch,Nicky & Johnny

I could seriously do this shit all day, they pick one guy to give a giant push and do everything they can to hold down the partner. WWE Logic.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts