Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
because of his stint in TNA?

Honest question.

We all know WWE likes to screw with people, and that they punish or "bury" their superstars for various things

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I think Vince has always disliked Christian in some way for whatever reason. Which is why he went to TNA in the first place.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
The time they should have pushed him has long past and he should be happy he is a 2x World Champiom when it looked like he was never going to get one.He is fine in his putting over young talent role , although I think he should be a midcard face as there are more possibilities for feuds with guys like Rhodes , Barrett and Ziggler.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The time they should have pushed him has long past and he should be happy he is a 2x World Champiom when it looked like he was never going to get one.He is fine in his putting over young talent role , although I think he should be a midcard face as there are more possibilities for feuds with guys like Rhodes , Barrett and Ziggler.
agree with this so much. always like him better as a face also

·
Banned
4,059 Posts
I Believe Christian is not championship material. He was at best a mid card tag team player. He has/had no business being anyware near a world title.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I thought that in 2005 when he was over like gangbusters and was arguably the hottest rising act in the company and they proceeded to job him out.

But now? Christian's best days are behind him. He can still play a role, but the days of him potential being one of the best & brightest main eventers have long passed.

·
The Definition of Excellence
1,554 Posts
HBK retired at 44. Undertaker was still going strong until he was 44 now its just one off matches a year. Christian is only 38. He realistically has another 4 to 6 years left in him. That's a long time in wrestling.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
put this on other thread allready, but i think last year unfortunately was the peak of Christians career i only see 1-way slow landslide for him. Hope to see him with IC or USA title still though

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
They dropped the ball with him back in 05. Right now he is usable as a midcard face. I would like to see him on Raw though with the US title

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
No, it wasn't just because he went to TNA OP. As others have said, he was in his prime and was over like fuck in 2005 and WWE did nothing with him. He was being horribly underutilized and he had every right to leave for TNA like he did. WWE has never had faith in him and if he wasn't get the push he deserved back in 2005, he has no chance now.

Seeing as he has absolutely no chance of winning the World Title again, and I doubt we will see him in main-event feuds anymore, I would like to see him move to RAW and win the U.S Title like #1Peep4ever said.

For 3 reasons:

1) He would be on the superior brand - in RAW.
2) The U.S Title is one of the only titles Christian's never won.
3) He could actually do something with the U.S Title, unlike that joke Santino.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I still think the WWE wants to use my man for main event angles. I mean, what options do they even have for the WHC right now? Sheamus, Bryan, Del Rio, and Orton... That's about it. I can see Christian getting in the mix.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,368 Posts
The proper answer to this is HELL YEAH since about 2004, by the way. The TNA stint certainly didn't help matters.

If it weren't for Edge's neck injury the guy would never be a heavyweight champ.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
It's not because of his TNA stint. I too think Vince McMahon has never viewed Christian as a top star. Kinda sad since he mega pushed the likes of Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio.

Christian will be a "jobber to the stars" for the rest of his career. He won't get another world title reign.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well just 1 year ago I thougth 'thats it career without big title'. But happend not once but twice. Its WWE and yes its cliche but anything can happen. And with or without main event title Im really excited about to see what future holds for Captn Charisma. And by the way face Christian with his catchphrases would gold.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
It's because :vince3 doesn't believe he can be a "marquee" talent. Which remains to be seen in my eyes because he's never been given the proper chance, and sadly probably never willl...barring an injury to a top guy. Christian is clearly one of the best workers they have and to put him in the IC/US title Midcard with the nobodies is a bad move, he can still be used effectively in the upper mid card to help guys transition into the main event. He can make anybody look good in the ring and he's still of the better talkers too. I see him in the foley role for the remainder of his career in that hell put guys over by having good matches with them and probably taking the job as well, but everyone has a role to fill and that's a fairly important one in my mind....

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Considering he's a two time World Heavyweight Champion, I'd say no. If he was being punished for going to TNA, he never would have won the World Title. He's just going the course that a lot of older guys go, up, down, up, down. Jericho does it, Show does it, Kane does it and Christian does it. He'll head back up to the main event eventually and then he'll go back down to the mid card.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts