Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why he got that huge push and then got depushed all the sudden.I'm sure there are tons of guys in the back that are due for a shot but pope should have already been champ by now.

I'm not trying to drink the "pro young talent/anti tna" koolade but he does deserve a shot since he's been there since 09.

His time in tna since august 2010 has been a total waste.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
No Chance Pope is not a world champion guy, His Character is all ready beyond stale and boring.

PS some guys get pushed then dropped cus they are just testing waters and realize its no good. Like Morgan he is not a world champion guy. He is a hard guy to put anywhere to be honest.

I guess it shows

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
no, i think he is quite overrated. I mean i wouldn't say that in WWE days but i will say this is in TNA. The pope gimmick is quite played out too.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
No, no way. He should stay out of the main event scene. His ship has sailed, a long time ago.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
No, Remove the tv time have a 20 battle royal for the new I.W North American title have Pope Dinero win keep that belt for 6 months then he can go after the TNA world title.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Pope is about as talented a wrestler as you'll find these days. There's no reason why he shouldn't be a permanent main eventer, as one of the top faces. He's proven he can get over easily as a face.

But BFG is a little too soon for him to be thrown into it. I'd rather they build him back up properly, then put him in the main event.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He had alot of potential until he got injured last year dude.I remember thinking last year that pope and anderson are going to carry the company on their backs, much like the rock and austin did wwf, but fuck dude they screwed up.

I see alot of potential in roode, I hope he wins at bfg.
But just imagine if they booked pope right and built him up, that would be amazing.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
His ship didn't sail. TNA creative just ran it into an iceberg like most of their talent.

·
Registered
843 Posts
He should be built up from scratch.

If Roode wins IMO he should get a long title reign feudign with new contenders every other month like:

Samoa Joe
Pope
AJ Styles
James Storm
Anderson
Jeff Hardy
Kaz
Matt Morgan
Hernandez
Christopher Daniels
Austin Aries
Gunner
Crimson

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I'm confident anybody who says Pope isn't good enough for the main event is absolutely wrong.

Anybody who has that opinion, I would love to hear a good, intelligent reason for why they think that, beyond his lack of a push. I really, really would.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts