Wrestling Forum banner

Do you still wish to see a Rock/Punk Confrontation in the ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you still wish to see a Rock/Punk Confrontation in the ring? I remember people were dying to see this last year following the shoot promo.

Are people still interested in such a confrontation? Curious to know what people think right now.

Yes/No. Poll.

·
Banned
584 Posts
No I do not. Punk would probably outshine The Rock on the mic, which would be an embarrassment.

The Rock doesnt have to put himself through that.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Yes, two of my favourite guys at the moment.

·
Banned
584 Posts
Yes, as long as they don't go down the lame Cena shoot route.
And thats exactly what they will do.

Punk's character itself is a smarky little shit. He wont even call him "Rock", he would go for "Dwayne" Instantly.

There is no need for this confrontation.

Rock will always be superior to punk in every aspect. Talent or Star power.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Could be a very interesting confrontation.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Of course, they put their all into everything that involves the Rock so it's sure to be entertaining.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Nah, I don't want to see Rock beeing toned down, and I don't want another hollywood vs wrestler storyline. Not to mention, CM Punk would get buried if Rock was allowed to entertain, if Punk wanted to have any chance he would have to get his passion back and return to 2011 level to not get totally destroyed, although he would still get outclassed by a wide margin at least it would feel like a feud between two guys, and not a maineventer vs jobber feud.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I'd love it, as long as Rock got the reigns to cut a promo as he wants to and Punk stayed away from the "Dwayne" stuff. I think a good old fashioned promo between the two would be great.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I personally don't see much money in a Rock/Punk feud. Punk just doesn't have "it", to be at that level. And even if he did have "it", WWE with their counterproductive booking, took "it" away.

The situation that would probably be the best from a money standpoint would be to have Lesnar as a dominate WWE Champion, going through the majority of the roster, and then Rock returns to face him and try to win the WWE Championship at WM.

As for Punk I would keep him at the upper midcard level. Which is where he is at right now. But I would take the WWE Championship off of him.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
No. Not unless Punk was warned before hand to actually bother to be serious and stop thinking he's shooting.
We already had the "Dwayne" stuff from Cena and it wasn't that bad. But at the moment Rock would be too intense and Punk is just too "who gives a fuck about being serious" on promos. Unless you count Jericho managing to get him to be a bit pissed off.

So maybe if Rock mentions his sister he might get a "serious" Punk. But still, no to the time being.

·
Registered
345 Posts
No I do not. Punk would probably outshine The Rock on the mic, which would be an embarrassment.

The Rock doesnt have to put himself through that.

LMFAO. holy shit, did you just say that!?! are you fucking kidding me? punk is NOWHERE near as good as the rock, at ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY on the mic. holy shit, i'm dying of laughter.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
To be honest I want The Rock to leave. Having him in current WWE feels about the same as having your dad at your birthday party. I love ya, but this is freaking awkward.

Cm Punk: you are stupid, ugly and have no friends.

The Rock: you are a Roody Poo Candy Ass Jabroni
Pretty much this, rinse and repeat.

Add in "you're poopy" and oh mah goodness, we got ourselves a triple threat with John Cena.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Personally as far as microphone faceoffs, the one Punk had with Nash was the most damaging to the Punk character. Nash pretty much owned him with the "Waffle House" line and with the "Shower.Weights.Clue" line as well. I remember watching that, just not believing WWE would allow Nash to bury Punk to that degree on live television.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.