Wrestling Forum banner

Do you still watch WWE programming?

• Everything or almost everything.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • The three main shows every week (Raw/Smackdown/NXT)

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Maybe one show a week

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Just the PPV's

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • Nothing or almost nothing.

Votes: 57 59.4%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I know this type of question get's asked quite a lot but I rarely see a poll accompanying it.

I haven't watched the weekly shows since early 2017 when they did the 'Superstar Shake Up' I figured if there answer to make things better wasn't better written stories but rather just change the roster a little then it was time to say sayonara.

I've caught some episodes of NXT back before it sadly started going downhill but even that I never watch anymore minus the Takeovers. Honestly it sucks as I've been a fan of wrestling since April of 2000.

Still as tonight was the begininng of Mania week I decided to give Raw a chance.....and it was bad. I don't think I'll be watching Raw on a weekly basis again for a long time.

Still I figured why not see what everyone else's viewing habits are. Are you die hard fan or barely clinging on to your fandom?

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
14,881 Posts
I'll catch the weekly Youtube highlights on top storylines to keep up so I guess I fall under "Almost nothing". Every once in a while when bored though I'll tune in, which is maybe once every 2-3 months. I've been watching NXT for this Takeover build though and I've been enjoying it, but I'll probably drop it after the big show this week. I only watch AEW on a weekly full show basis now.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I am an Asuka fan and will watch clips of her appearances. I enjoy both Miz and R-Truth but I don't go out of my way to see them. If they happen to be on when I'm watching Asuka, or in a segment on either end of hers, I'll watch.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,749 Posts
Stopped watching completely when they decided to force the Peacock shit on us. That was the final straw for me.

Don’t really miss it to be honest.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,629 Posts
I fast forward through the weekly shows when I have time, but I miss them more than I watch them.

I always watch the PPV's out of habit.

I guess I always will.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Just the big 4 and a few online clips.

Watched every WrestleMania live since 1992. Will continue the run with 37 lol.

·
Banned
417 Posts
No not at all. I read the results and that's about it. Smackdown has Roman and some good workers and matches each week but I don't and that was a wise choice because the WWE as usual didn't do anything with Roman this year. Having a 47 yr old Edge return and the whole mess they're in doesn't make Wrestlemania any less uninteresting and unwatchable.

So for the matches I can always go back and watch them all on the WWE Network upon my whim. And right now I'm busy exploring the WWE content from 2008-2017.

And I totally don't care about the angles and storylines on Raw, don't think Drew or Lashley are gonna be good champions because they're boring, and until the end the brand split.. I'm not gonna watch even clips of the WWE but just stick to reading results.. If even that.

And AEW is no alternative either.. Far from it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Brock squashing kofi was the final straw for me ... haven’t watched since ... breaking a streak that started with WM1.

AEW keeps me happy now

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I do it's a solid distraction, there is usually something I find that is entertaining enough on each show and my daughter lives for it. It's not my favourite wrestling product in the world and I'm long past the days of letting anything about it bother me. It's easy to half pay attention to it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the wrestlers. I don''t really like a lot of the the actual matches, although some can be amazing. There are a handful of stories that seem interesting -- but I don't expect any of them to ever pay off so I just don't bother getting invested.anymore. I may or may not watch PPV's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I stopped watching complete shows right through several years ago, these days I catch the highlights and focus on my favourite wrestlers and feuds. I recently got the network so I mostly re watch past stuff but I will tune into the Rumble/Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I’ll watch the monthly PPV and old school stuff on the network but other than that I’m more of an AEW guy these days.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
do pigs fly?

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,907 Posts
Nope. I completely stopped caring years ago about Contemporary Wrestling in general. I do enjoy listening to Jim Cornette blow a fucking gasket on his podcast though.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
I used to watch Cultaholic WTF moments.. but I guess even those have lost interest and are being cut back since wrestling is getting so unpopular now. Shame.

Though Ross harping about certain things not related to wrestling over and over for so many videos probably didn't help his viewership.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts