Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snore so loud I wake myself up from the sound of my snoring. I'm lucky to have a tolerant wife who doesn't complain about my snoring. She hears it but she says it's OK and doesn't bother her.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
10,036 Posts
I don't, but snoring is one of the most annoying things in this world and I fuckin despise it. I have been in multi-room houses/Air BnB's with friends who obnoxiously snore on road trips and vacations, and that shit drives me fuckin insane. Makes me want to hold a pillow over their faces. Sometimes a snorer can snore so loud that it can make you feel like they do that shit on purpose. Fuckin assholes.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've fallen asleep downstairs on the couch of a house and people upstairs in the bedrooms with the door closed can hear me snore.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
*disclaimer*

This turned into a rant about specific people I've experienced snore-filled nights with. Please don't take this as a personal attak on literally all snorers! lol

*carry on*

I generally don't snore. I've been told that occasionally, I do snore a little, but not loud enough to disrupt someone else's sleep.

I have to admit that, over the years, experiencing long nights, with people making such a ridiculous noise that it's really hard to believe that they aren't waking themselves up, or already awake and being obnoxious, annoying bastards on purpose, I have developed a real deep-seated hatred for them.

I know several people whose snoring easily breaks the 115 decibel mark - I've literally measured that shit with an app on my phone. 110db is the equivalent of a commercial jet engine or, at a performance of a full symphony orchestra. It's no joke.

The reason that I actually maintain my hatred for snorers when not in the heat of the night ... is that usually, they literally laugh about it when you bring it up. They throw up their hands and say "well it doesn't keep ME awake, so I don't have to address it!" It seems to be an accepted thing in the minds of "normal" people. Snoring is just what some people do, and everyone around them has to just put up with it - and the sleep deprivation that comes with it.

As though it's not something that you can address and fix. I don't see why YOUR snoring should be MY problem. If I was awake practicing the fucking trumpet all night 2 feet from your face, keeping you awake, you'd be the first to tell me to knock it off. IMO, it is the snorer that should be taking the FULL BRUNT of inconvenience caused by THEIR issue.

THEY should be the ones leaving the room if they're disturbing others. And frankly, the fact that they don't is what makes them inconsiderate assholes in my mind, not necessarily the snoring itself.

One guy I shared a room with when touring - someone that happens to be a REALLY loud snorer - even had the fucking audacity to complain at me when I woke him up to stop the snoring. Plus, something I've noticed - when you wake someone, the snoring starts up again WAY BEFORE they can possibly actually be back asleep. They seriously don't give a fuck, and that is unforgivable for me.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,880 Posts
I snored until high school, when the doctor removed my uvula whilst performing a tonsilectomy. Have't snored since.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I have come round and heard myself snoring a couple of times recently. I sleep alone at the moment though so I have no idea if its actually a problem or whether its just the odd few occasions.

·
The face that runs the List
10,756 Posts
I snore loudly and also suffer from sleep apnea, this is very annoying. It started after I put on weight and didn't go away when I lost it.

·
BRRRRRRRRAWK LESNAR!
2,495 Posts
I snore loudly and also suffer from sleep apnea, this is very annoying. It started after I put on weight and didn't go away when I lost it.
Do you happen to use a CPAP? If not I’d highly recommend it. Sleep apnea will F up your health over time and can even kill you in your sleep in rare situations.

·
10,756 Posts
Do you happen to use a CPAP? If not I’d highly recommend it. Sleep apnea will F up your health over time and can even kill you in your sleep in rare situations.
I do yes. I'm lucky enough to have my best friend who's a doctor. He crashed at my place after a night of drinking once and told me the next morning that he had listened to me during the night and that I had sleep apnea.

I went seeking a treatment right away.

·
Tag Team Champion
22 Posts
I do yes. I'm lucky enough to have my best friend who's a doctor. He crashed at my place after a night of drinking once and told me the next morning that he had listened to me during the night and that I had sleep apnea.

I went seeking a treatment right away.
So how did your treatment go? By the way, were you using something like this? Any memory foam pillows etc.
I stopped using CPAP for a while and it seems I'm not going to need it in the future, but I'm still nervous.

·
10,756 Posts
So how did your treatment go? By the way, were you using something like this? Any memory foam pillows etc.
I stopped using CPAP for a while and it seems I'm not going to need it in the future, but I'm still nervous.
Thanks I'm better, I only had CPAP for two months and it worked quite well but I have to go back by the end of November for another check-up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts