Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think WWE is going to Unify the WWE & The World Heavyweight Titles before or at WrestleMania 30 if so where & when? I think WWE is going to wait until ELIMINATION CHAMBER then have 6 men, 1 man will be the WWE Champ 1 man will be the World Heavyweight Champ 1 man walks out the WWE UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPION. They cant do it at WM30 because the Rumble winner would have to be in it and if its going to be more then 2 men I rather it be at the Chamber.

·
Banned
8,180 Posts
No because the current version of the WWE Title belt was just commissioned like a few months ago.

I do see Cena/Bryan II in a match to determin the dual champion either at WM 30 (it doesn't have to be the Royal Rumble winner, who could be Bryan anyway) or shortly after WM 30.

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Everything about what the brand split used to stand for is now dead except for the fact that there still exists two world champions. And technically, there's nothing that says you can't have two 'world' titles with no brand extension, but from a consistency point of view, it makes no since to have just two people both claiming to be "The Best" when it's all just one show now anyway. It makes me think they will unify the titles eventually, but I don't see it happening at next year's Mania. If it did, then John Cena coming back and winning the WHC makes since. Give that belt to your #1 star in a huge first effort to boost it's credibility and prestige over the next 5-6 months to make it seem like an equal to the WWE Title (or close enough to it) so that a unification at next year's Mania will mean as much as possible, but I don't foresee that happening (especially since Sandow has yet to cash in, unless his cash in fails.)

·
Registered
6,700 Posts
Maybe they could just do what they did for the first several months of the original undisputed championship and let the champ walk around with 2 titles?
I don't get why unifying the world titles should mean they have to introduce a new championship. They've done in the past, but nothing states they have to. Just dropping the losing champion's belt should be enough. And we all know the WHC wouldn't win, of course, but I seriously doubt anyone thinks they would replace the Big Gold Belt with a different looking title in the hypothetical scenario that they did.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
The question is asked terribly, quite frankly. I think we're at least a full year from the unification. I would love to be the first to admit that I'm wrong and that they will be unified. I think that having two world champions and having them never interact, even randomly, is a tad insulting. To me, it should be a case of looking into how best to unify them and making sure that the pay off for the unification is justified for whoever gets to be the _______ (unified) champion.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
If I was not so sure that it would be Cena/Taker at WM30 then yes. But if they would ever unify the belts there is a massive chance that Cena would be involved

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
There should only be the WWE belt. Never understood why there has to be a WHC & a WWE champ. WHC should just be retired.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
I don't get why unifying the world titles should mean they have to introduce a new championship. They've done in the past, but nothing states they have to. Just dropping the losing champion's belt should be enough. And we all know the WHC wouldn't win, of course, but I seriously doubt anyone thinks they would replace the Big Gold Belt with a different looking title in the hypothetical scenario that they did.
Basically what I was going to say. I figured if and when they unify the titles, they just drop the Big Gold Belt and keep the current WWE title and its design intact.

·
Registered
517 Posts
They shoudl do it at WM30, and then introduce a New WWE Championship. I hate the current one, not because it looks bad, because its doesnt. I just doesnt look like a World title to me. A modified version of the Attitude Era belt ( I am biased because its my favorite version) i think would be best

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Basically what I was going to say. I figured if and when they unify the titles, they just drop the Big Gold Belt and keep the current WWE title and its design intact.
Precisely, they can keep the WWE Championship's current design. It's what they did when they unified all the WCW/WWF belts together, along with the European and Hardcore belts being folded into the IC title, which was then absorbed into the WHC.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I dont see them unifying them at all

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
They shoudl do it at WM30, and then introduce a New WWE Championship. I hate the current one, not because it looks bad, because its doesnt. I just doesnt look like a World title to me. A modified version of the Attitude Era belt ( I am biased because its my favorite version) i think would be best
I agree making a modified verison of the AE belt. I'm biased with the Winged Eagle belt cus that's my favorite & the belt I have a replica of. The AE belt was a great modification to the Winged Eagle belt. So a modification to the AE belt(done right) would be cool.

Reactions: BigSams50

·
Registered
517 Posts
I agree making a modified verison of the AE belt. I'm biased with the Winged Eagle belt cus that's my favorite & the belt I have a replica of. The AE belt was a great modification to the Winged Eagle belt. So a modification to the AE belt(done right) would be cool.
I love the Winged Eagle belt too. IT was the belt HBK had (my favorite wrestler) and it looks iconic. When they upgraded it to the AE belt it was great as you said. I feel like it makes sense to modify it once more for now. The WWE Championship is supposed to look prestigious, the spinner and current belt dont have that look to them.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
It doesn't make sense to have two champions when the brand split is basically over. XXX would be the perfect time to do it. But if there's still no WWE champ by the end of HIAC then it wouldn't shock me if this got resolved at Survivor Series. Have Cena go over and become the last WHC. We get the return of this with Cena getting a first round bye:

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
World Champ Cena vs. WWE Champ Punk at WMXXX is the way to go.

It's the feud of this era, the two top guys. They need their Wrestlemania main event.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I love the Winged Eagle belt too. IT was the belt HBK had (my favorite wrestler) and it looks iconic. When they upgraded it to the AE belt it was great as you said. I feel like it makes sense to modify it once more for now. The WWE Championship is supposed to look prestigious, the spinner and current belt dont have that look to them.
No, not all. I hated the Spinner belt, and stopped watchinhg WWE for a little while because of it. The current belt while looking nice, still,doesn't have that championship trophy style to it. Just the WWE logo on it. Nothing that symbolises that its the world heavyweight championship. They need to change that.

·
Registered
517 Posts
No, not all. I hated the Spinner belt, and stopped watchinhg WWE for a little while because of it. The current belt while looking nice, still,doesn't have that championship trophy style to it. Just the WWE logo on it. Nothing that symbolises that its the world heavyweight championship. They need to change that.
My thoughts exactly. The big logo on it in my opinion lowers the prestige of it a little. No eagle, nothing. I dont know who makes the belts for the WWE, but all the new ones they have made all look bad. The Divas belt is awful, I wont even start on the tag team titles. Hell, the rejected concept art for the titles made me sick. These designs are the best?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts