Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vince Mc Mahon was and is probably the greatest promoter in wrestling for sure. WWE is his creation and he helped pro-wresting to grow for a bigger step and to become a popular and mainstream entertainment. We can't hide or forget that. He has to be blessed for that (even if it caused horrible problems too and a total monopole).

But i will dare to ask the question that shouldn't be asked.

Do you want Vince to retire from the public parts of WWE and to slowly and definitely retire from the booking ?

I know that i will shock many people. But during his Kayfabe coma we had the chance to see how the show part of WWE without Vince would work. WWE wasn't suddendly down-rated and didn't drop without him. His return also proved that his public appearances are now overated and useless. He was also embarassing, imagine that he was supposed to be in coma and suddendly decided to come back without explanation and even kayfabe just to get TV time.

He is often compared to Mr Burns and we should perhaps begin to consider him as the main conservative lobbyist in pro-wrestling nowadays and the biggest source of the lack of dynamic. He can't stop influencing the booking and is most of the time out of touch and no more linked to the audience.

I am sorry to ask that and I feel like a betrayer. :(

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
yeah and have Vince Russo takes his place lol but seriously Vince has been neglecting the product alot lately and its all down to WWE creative hes barely there anymore anyway but in answer to your question i would say yes provided that the person that takes his place knows what theyre doing

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah and have Vince Russo takes his place lol but seriously Vince has been neglecting the product alot lately and its all down to WWE creative hes barely there anymore anyway but in answer to your question i would say yes provided that the person that takes his place knows what theyre doing
Thanks for your answer, at least you aren't afraid by Vince like the others who don't have the guts to answer. :(

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Yes. Like the other poster said Vince is neglecting his product. I respect Vince a lot but I think he needs to step down in a few years and let someone else take over. Someone with the fire and passion to make wrestling better and to possibly create another boom period. But then again I don't think society is ready for it, too much conformity and less rebellion unlike the late 90s and early 2000s. Infact I think the 90s were the best time to be a teenager.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Na you need Vince, hes the one that comes up with the great storylines, the other shit you see is made by the dumb*** creative team

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Na you need Vince, hes the one that comes up with the great storylines, the other shit you see is made by the dumb*** creative team
Are you sure ?

He has to approve and accept all storylines before they come on your screen. He always has the final decision, then he is responsible for them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The one that he hired and listens to and the ones he won't fire.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
There's nothing secret about it lol. Many people have vocally stated that they want him gone or that he's out of touch or whatever else. I personally enjoy him as an on air character. As for the backstage stuff, meh.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
He shouldn't retire, but he should just focus on the business part of the company and let steph/hhh take over the shows and stuff.

idk exactly what these positions meant, but just based on what I saw 10 years ago, it really looked like Linda as CEO took care of business stuff alot and Vince as chairman took care of the shows, writing, rosters and all that.

So Vince should just be CEO and Steph takes over as chair.

We have to see this happen on TV! One last mcmahon family storyline but this time its almost like the passing of the torch in a way with Vince handing down the company to his daughter(and possibly have her and shane feud over this,regardless if shane is actually gonna take a spot in wwe again in the future or not)

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts
things could do with mixing up most deffinatly

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I would mark out to see HHH kayfabe saying to Vince :

I know you are father-in-law. I respect you and definately love your daughter, but You are Fired ! :cool:

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
He's a great promoter, he should focus on promoting WWE from a business perspective. As a booker, he's clueless. He tried to get Stephanie to agree to an incest angle with him. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know, then I don't know what will. Pretty much the entire basis of the AE was stolen from Heyman too.

If things are gonna be run properly, you need a wrestler in charge of creative or somebody like Heyman who understands the creative side of the business.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm unsure on this one. Whose to say it will get beter if he leaves. Triple H is already being taught the ins and outs of backstage production and Johnny Ace is Vince's right hand man. Whose to say they will be any better? Stephanie is not well liked either.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
the guy is a genius, delusional at times maybe, but a genius non the less. Granted people helped him along the way, but it was his baby and still is, I think he'd rather die than give full control to anybody and retire.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Vince has said countless times that he will run WWE until he dies, with HHH/Steph/Shane taking his place (before Shane left).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts