Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but...

I love the 1-2 hour documentaries because you find out a lot of new things and the tone is quite different to what you see on TV shows/PPVs.

Anthologies are misleading, lazy way to make money. They just collect 7 hours worth of matches, make a studio interview with the star and splice them. If I wanted to watch a particular match I'd have been able to get them through more direct means.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
I completely agree with you. I bought the Shawn Michaels DVD and was disappointed to find there was no documentary. Same thing with The Rock dvd. Even if he wasn't available for interviews, they should have had an hour and a half to two hour kayfabe documentary or had a documentary with other people talking about him and then have the matches on separate discs.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I prefer to have a 1-2 hour documentary and then on the other disc have classic matches that they had or were talked about during the documentary.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I usually love the docos + match compilation but they should edit out the first 10 minutes where it's like: "I grew up in Bumfuck, Idaho and loved AWA"

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I like having the documentaries. Its just so interesting to see the wrestler's story and have people comment on it and tell their own stories about the guy.

One of the reasons I disliked the Macho Man DVD so much is that it was such a half assed effort. Match selection was fine, but I really don't care about what Maria has to say about Savage's career.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love the 1-2hr documentaires. Its good getting that slight insight to who they really are.

It would be good if they also had a day in the life included in the extra's.

Reactions: Muta

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I would say the documentary. In fact, I would probably buy more DVDs if they had a documentary. I like seeing and hearing insight of a particular person's career as opposed to just watching their matches.

But yet, at the same time, I hate the documentary style like with the Smackdown DVD. I wanted to just see the moments and not have the VH1ish terrible comedy during the moments.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
I don't buy these but I think I'd enjoy the documentaries more. I love documentaries to begin with and I'd actually like to see one or two on my favorite wrestlers.

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,802 Posts
I completely agree with you. I bought the Shawn Michaels DVD and was disappointed to find there was no documentary. Same thing with The Rock dvd. Even if he wasn't available for interviews, they should have had an hour and a half to two hour kayfabe documentary or had a documentary with other people talking about him and then have the matches on separate discs.
I couldn't agree more with HBK DVD part. I would loved it if WWE would of had a 4-8 hour long DVD with more matches & a in-depth documentary part for the HBK DVD.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I couldn't agree more with HBK DVD part. I would loved it if WWE would of had a 4-8 hour long DVD with more matches & a in-depth documentary part for the HBK DVD.
They already done the in-depth documentary on Shawn's 1st DVD.

1st Disc: In-depth-documentary with extras
2nd Disc: Early Matches
3rd Disc: Later Matches

That's the way ALL superstar DVD's should go.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
HBK already had a few DVDS so there's no need to go over where he came from in the last DVD. I own his first DVD too, the one that had his WM XII match and the match against Diesel. Anyways, I like the style of a documentary and then have their best matches on another disc. That seems more logical to me and allows everyone time to talk that particular wrestler.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Ideally I'd love the documentary and the matches lol.

My biggest problem with paying for an anthology is the blurring if it's someone (or an event) that was most prominent pre-2002. Hard to enjoy a match when the refs shirt, the ring apron, the stage, the turnbuckles, the announce table and countless other things are blurred.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts