Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I play games on my phone (mobile), console and PC games.

I like all 3 of them, but I often have a strong favoring for console. There are several reasons. You can play console games on a big screen TV, while sitting on a couch. A controller is nice to have. There's no concern about, nor error messages about, hardware requirements. Consoles are really a plug-and-play type thing.

My next favorite, would likely be mobile. Google Play has practically countless mobile games, many free to play. There's usually no concern about hardware requirements neither, though I've noticed you can raise and lower graphics settings on certain mobile games. But practically all the mobile games I've played, work fine on my phone.

Then there's PC. Certain games definitely work best with a mouse pointer, especially those where precise aiming is critical. PC has countless games, on disc, Steam, browser games, etc. The main downside to PC is an important one: you really have to understand hardware requirements and fiddle with graphics settings a lot... and certain games are simply beyond your hardware to run smoothly. If you're a rich computer expert, I can see how PC might be your favorite... but average people aren't a rich computer expert. So for average people, console or mobile is definitely their best option for gaming.

I know I wouldn't be able to play the latest PC games, especially if they're graphics-intensive. I don't know about the internal parts of computers, nor can I afford a near-thousand dollar graphics card nor processor. So you can understand why PC gaming would be my 3rd favorite.

Do you prefer mobile, console or PC gaming?

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
mobile is dreadful and Im not good at operating computers to get them to run correctly nor do I want to fork out the levels of cash to get a computer that is decent enough spec to run games (I simply dont play them enough).

therefore I choose console. I somewhat laugh everytime I see a comparison video between console and PC and there is basically no difference. If youve got the time to worry about graphics not being perfect etc then crack on but I got better stuff to do and worry about.

consoles simply offer easy and quick gaming at more affordable price. If you don't care about getting the absolute best experience then there is no reason to scoff at consoles, its pure snobbery.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
All good in their own ways

PC - best performance, mods, generally offers a better experience than consoles but at a higher price and more work needed on your part.

Mobile - good for travelling, convenient

Console - cheaper and more accessible than PC gaming + exclusives.

Ive been playing Switch most recently. Now the suns out I dont feel like sitting in front of a tv and drawing the curtains to get sucked into a game for hours.

·
Premium Member
17,151 Posts
I consider "Mobile Gaming" the bottom barrel, absolutely most disgusting kind of gaming. If I was on my death bed and the only cure was for me to play a mobile game, I'd die. "Mobile Gaming" exists to be bad and force people to pay more money for a still limited gaming experience. I lose respect every time a developer announces a new version of their hit game for mobile. It's such a mess in the gaming industry and you should avoid it all costs. Even downloading a free game with no catches only encourages someone like EA to make a money grabbing, shitty Tennis 2019 spin off where you smack 2 balls a day or pay $1 for each additional smack.

Then, I consider PC and Console the same. Only, a PC has more modifications, more games, and better specs. At the end of the day, I use a controller to play a game. I put more stock in the game than the system I play it on. PC can be better than most consoles, but I'm still either loading a disc in or downloading and playing the game. The whole "war" between consoles and PC folk makes no sense to me. If you could get a system that plays all the games you want at the quality you want, at the price you want, you wouldn't hesitate to buy that system because it's labeled as a console or PC.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Console. Other than me growing up with them, it's more viable for me because if I want to play video games, it's typically maybe 2-3 hours a day to kill time. I'm not too worried about mods and investing extra money and resources for top-notch performance.

There is very satisfying feeling of me turning on my PS4 and hearing the beep, putting a disc in, and playing it. That's how I grew up playing video games with the first Sony, so I'll stick with that.

·
The face that runs the List
10,738 Posts
I had a PC phase and I'm glad I got to play games like Half Life, Max Payne or Age of Mythology

But console all the way. I especially liek the fact that you don't have to worry about specs and you know the game will work on the console.

·
HEADBANGA
22,432 Posts
I was born into console gaming and that is still my primary way of gaming. I got into some mobile games but I didn't want to get sucked into that shit Pay-to-win model. PC games are at the bottom for me because I just found console gaming way more interesting than PC games and never got into that realm.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I've played way more PC games in my life, so I probably have to pick that. I was never allowed to own any consoles or handhelds as a kid, my parents said they cost too much, so I didn't get any until I was about 18 or 19 when I finally got a PS2 and a Nintendo DS. I then moved onto the 3DS and I bought a Nintendo Switch last year.

But my favourite game series ever is Pokemon. I played the first 3 gens on ROMs on my PC, but then I played every gen from 4 onwards on console.

I grew up with PC games, my Dad introduced me to DOS games when I was young. My first game ever was Wolfenstein 3D when I was about 7 or 8, lol yes my Dad let me play a game where you kill Nazis :lmao I also grew up playing PC strategy games like Age Of Empires, Dark Reign, Starcraft etc.

The only mobile game I play is Pokemon Go. Every other game I can't be bothered with but I love Go and have been playing it since launch day in 2016.

Reactions: Pencil Neck Freak

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Depends what I'm in the mood for. If I wanna spend a couple of minutes on an idle game, then i'll play a mobile game (fuck giving them any money, I learned my lesson with that on Facebook way back). If I wanna play TEW or some form of Age of Empires, Tycoon or Sims game I'll put the laptop on, and anything else I fire up a console.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hello I have played games on many different systems . I started off with commodore Plus4 the graphics were ok for the time .
Then I got a commodore Amiga 512k with 1 disk drive the graphic were much improved but some games were slow loading /getting started (championship manager 1).

Then I got my 1st PC 386 the games were faster and much better graphics .

I have moved from dos to windows and have noticed that graphics have improved and speed depending on the RAM and graphics cards memory .

I noticed that some old games like championship manager 1 was super quick in setting up when on a which over 1GHZ speed.

I have also played games on PS vita the graphics are good for the screen but the occasional crash makes some games loose save game data .

I do prefer physical copies of the game. DVD/ cartridge , rather than downloads as if there is problem you can reinstall it rather than trying to try and contact the manufacturers and try and another copy form them .

Yours

Farhan

·
Registered
461 Posts
console cause i can't be bothered with either using a keyboard or mouse for certain things or setting up the controls, nah. i want turok 2 but it's only on xbox so i downloaded on the PC only to find that it lags even though my computer is pretty much good enough to run it. and last, i couldn't figure out which settings is best to turn on or off so i lost interest and turned it off.

so im gonna wait until i can get a xbox one in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Playing console games on your PC. :drose
Emulation is a real blessing. The fact that I can play any game from basically any previous generation on one system is awesome.

I love consoles. But I grew up around the PC. I love the fact that I assembled it my self chose all the parts that went into it. And that I can play an uncountable amount of games on it. There's no short options as far as controllers go. Moding is crazy fun too. The amount of freedom you have on PC makes it the best for me. Console might be more convenient but PC all the way. And living in China makes that cheaper too :lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts